ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WMB automate msgflow restart each time SAP is restarted

WMB automate msgflow restart each time SAP is restarted « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
grrommitt
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: WMB automate msgflow restart each time SAP is restarted Reply with quote

Novice

Is there a way to automate the restart of a message flow containing a SAP adapter each time the SAP server is restarted?
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: WMB automate msgflow restart each time SAP is restarted Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

grrommitt wrote:
Is there a way to automate the restart of a message flow containing a SAP adapter each time the SAP server is restarted?

Yes - have whatever automation is restarting the SAP server restart the message flow.
grrommitt
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I'm looking for something that runs on the WMB side (preferably internally, not a bash type script) that would check if the SAP server is available through the WMB SAP adapter or any other way and performs a stop/start on a message flow.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

grrommitt wrote:
I'm looking for something that runs on the WMB side (preferably internally, not a bash type script) that would check if the SAP server is available through the WMB SAP adapter or any other way and performs a stop/start on a message flow.

mgk
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

May I ask why you want this? The SAPInput node adapter should notice that the connection to SAP has gone and try to reconnect again once SAP comes back up.

Kind regards,
grrommitt
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Well, it doesn't re-initialize. I have to stop/start the message flow every time someone form the SAP team reboots the server. This is the only flow that has this behavior. I'm using a SAPInbound adapter and from what I looked at in different adapters from other flows, there isn't any difference. The others are capable of connecting with SAP without any issue after SAP is rebooted.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Have you given it enough time to restart?
Depending on outage duration it may take up to 1 hour after SAP is back up for the Adapter to reconnect. (Standard jco behavior).

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WMB automate msgflow restart each time SAP is restarted
Jump to: