ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » News/Updates » MO71 Version 8.0.0 Open Beta available

MO71 Version 8.0.0 Open Beta available « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: MO71 Version 8.0.0 Open Beta available Reply with quote

Grand Master

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that version 8.0.0 of MO71 is now available for Beta testing at http://www.mqgem.com/mo71_download.html

This version of MO71 Supports IBM MQ V8 although it will also run against any other version of MQ.

Besides IBM MQ V8 Support it also introduces the concept of application monitoring. Users can see at a glance which applications are running and what MQ objects they are using, either now or in the past. You can also display your application and queue usage in a diagram.

This version of MO71 is available for free download and does not require a licence file.
As always I encourage feedback. Please send me your comments, good and bad.

Cheers,
Paul.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Thanks to those of you who took the time and trouble to send me you comments, suggestions and bug reports.
The second Beta driver is now available for download. It contains a number of fixes. The two main new features are:

The ability to hide/show applications in the diagram from the application list
The Network display now supports multiple object move

As always please send me your feedback. This Driver will work without a licence file for 1 month from today and will run against any version of MQ, you do not need MQ V8 to try it,

Cheers,
Paul.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I am pleased to announce that the next Beta driver of Version 8.0.0 of MO71 is now available at http://www.mqgem.com/mo71_download.html

Many thanks to those of you who have fed back suggestions and bug reports.

Version 8.0 of MO71 Supports IBM MQ V8 although it will, of course, run against any other version of MQ. In addition it introduces the concept of application monitoring. Users can see at a glance which applications are running and what MQ objects they are using, either now or in the past. You can also display your application and queue usage in a diagram.

The main change in this driver is the ability to have Shared Filters. These are filter definitions that can be generated in one ‘master’ instance of MO71 and then used in other ‘slave’ versions of MO71. This can be useful particularly in monitoring and event processing.

This version of MO71 is available for free download and does not require a licence file.

Cheers,
Paul.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I am pleased to announce that the next Beta driver of Version 8.0.0 of MO71 is now available at http://www.mqgem.com/mo71_download.html

Many thanks to those of you who have fed back suggestions and bug reports.

Version 8.0 of MO71 Supports IBM MQ V8 although it will, of course, run against any other version of MQ. In addition it introduces the concept of application monitoring. Users can see at a glance which applications are running and what MQ objects they are using, either now or in the past. You can also display your application and queue usage in a diagram.

The main change in this driver is the ability to import local Queue Manager definitions. This has been requested by users many times over the years and I'm pleased that it has finally made it into the code. Now, by default, each time MO71 starts it will check that all local Queue Managers are defined in its configuration and, if not, offer the user the ability to automatically import a definition. This should make setting up a new user of MO71 much easier.

Cheers,
Paul.
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Good idea, perhaps the same could apply to the queue managers defined in the currently applicable CCDT file.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'currently applicable CCDT' but certainly it has been suggested that it wou,d be nice to be able to import locations from a CCDT file. I'll have to try and add this in the next version.

Cheers,
Paul.
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

By currently applicable - I mean the CCDT file (if any) that would be used by default by the MQ client, following the usual CCDT search sequence.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Ah Ok. Well, I see no reason to restrict it to any CCDT in particular. One may as well be able to import any CCDT.
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Indeed, but I was referring to the automatic start-up check (although this check should be optional of course set in the preferences).
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Oh I see, I understand now. Sorry, I hadn't twigged you were talking about doing it at start-up. I guess there's no reason not to. As you say, we could have a Preference option which switches it on or off.

Cheers,
Paul.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » News/Updates » MO71 Version 8.0.0 Open Beta available
Jump to: