ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQSeries Channel protocol or Open source channel impl.

MQSeries Channel protocol or Open source channel impl. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Ophir Yoktan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: MQSeries Channel protocol or Open source channel impl. Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
I'm looking for a documentation of the wire protocol between MCA's.
another solution is an open source implementation of channels.

Ophir.
oz1ccg
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Hi Ophir,

I don't think you will find the protocol specs anywhere that inside IBMs labs. And that is for one major reason, if it was availabe to all of us, we would start code utils to communicate direcly to MQSeries, and that would cause trouble if IBM chooses to change anything in the protocol.

It's the same reason for not publicate anything inside the MQ, just give us the API. Personally I think it's a good strategy, because some years ago when to big OS was called MVS/XA, any systemprogrammer was using some RESERVED bits in the operating system, and when IBM, released a patch, it didn't work....
And ofcause IBM was blamed by CEOs.... Well thats my personal opinion.

If the internal specs was available I would like to see them aswell. How the locks are done, the log writing etc.

Just my $0.02

Last edited by oz1ccg on Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nimconsult
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Although I 100% agree with the opinion of Jorgen, I am wondering how Microsoft has implemented the MQSeries-MSMQ bridge (well in fact I think that it was developped by Level8).

If I remember well (I received a presentation some years ago), Microsoft explained that the MSMQ->MQ integration was performed by using the plain API (client), and the MQ->MSMQ integration was performed using MQ channels.

Has anybody ever heard about this?

Nicolas

NIMCONSULT Software Architecture Services (Belgium)
http://www.nimconsult.be
mq_developer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

guys,

i know a friend of mine , who used to receive the messages which i send using a fake channel ... !!!!

Best part of this , he doesnt have a MQ installed on his machine !!!!
dont ask me how ..... ( i asked him a quite few times!!!!!)

my .02 ...

--Ram--
oz1ccg
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

As Nicolas said:
Quote:
If I remember well (I received a presentation some years ago), Microsoft explained that the MSMQ->MQ integration was performed by using the plain API (client), and the MQ->MSMQ integration was performed using MQ channels.

This is right, Microsoft have implemented the Bridge using standard API's, what the realy are doing is getting messages of XMIT queues bacause they then get's the information about the target queue in the XMIT header.

I've planned to check the MSMQ bridge, but this might be cancelled due to company takeover.....

Just my $0.02
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQSeries Channel protocol or Open source channel impl.
Jump to: