ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Missing InputRoot in Compute node in Integration Service

Missing InputRoot in Compute node in Integration Service « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
douglasarthur
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Missing InputRoot in Compute node in Integration Service Reply with quote

I'm fairly new to IBM Integration Bus, so please excuse me if I'm missing something obvious. I am not getting anywhere with the documentation, however.

I've created a very simple Integration Service from a very simple WSDL and XSD. In the generated subflow for the one operation in the WSDL, I've added a single compute node.

I've added a breakpoint on the connection into the compute node's In terminal, and leaving it's out terminal.

The issue: I can't access the InputRoot inside the Compute node. In the debugger, I see the Input Root at the first breakpoint. However, inside of the compute node, there is no InputRoot. Rather, the XMLNS tree I would expect to see in an InputRoot element is tucked away inside a tree called WMQI_DebugMessage. I'm not finding anything about such an element in the docs, so I expect I shouldn't just be pulling values from there.

Can anyone explain this to me? Any help much appreciated.

Here is some more info:

IIB version 9.0.0 Development Version
Compute Node's compute mode set to 'Message'
douglasarthur
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: More info Reply with quote

I should also note that there are no exceptions in the tree visable via the debugger.
iShakir
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

What errors are you seeing in the compute node? What does it think InputRoot is? Is it possible you're trying to find InputRoot.XMLNS, when you actually want InputRoot.XMLNSC?
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing InputRoot in Compute node in Integration Service Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

douglasarthur wrote:
I've created a very simple Integration Service from a very simple WSDL and XSD. In the generated subflow for the one operation in the WSDL, I've added a single compute node.

Why? Why not wire it to the output terminal of the subflow in the main flow, so it's not lost if you have to regenerate the sub flow (e.g. because of a change to the WSDL)?

douglasarthur wrote:
In the debugger, I see the Input Root at the first breakpoint. However, inside of the compute node, there is no InputRoot. Rather, the XMLNS tree I would expect to see in an InputRoot element is tucked away inside a tree called WMQI_DebugMessage.

Yes - that's how the debugger displays it.

douglasarthur wrote:
I'm not finding anything about such an element in the docs, so I expect I shouldn't just be pulling values from there.

No you shouldn't. The time to worry is if you step through the ESQL in your Compute node and that can't pull values from the InputRoot.

Which of course you tried, which of course failed, and which prompted you to post here. As you wouldn't have posted just because the debugger screen didn't look as you expected but when your code failed.

So a few more details on that failure will enable us to be of much more assistance.
douglasarthur
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing InputRoot in Compute node in Integration Service Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. Knowing that the WMQI_DebugMessage tree is an aspect of the debugger is what I really needed. My ESQL isn't getting the elements I want, but I didn't understand what the debugger was showing me. If what I'm seeing is expected, I can go about figuring out what else I'm doing wrong. I'll post again if I don't get anywhere.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Missing InputRoot in Compute node in Integration Service
Jump to: