ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » How to tell if API exit is invoke

How to tell if API exit is invoke « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: How to tell if API exit is invoke Reply with quote

Knight

Environment is MQ and AMS V7.0 , WMB V7.

We are using MQAMS between a sending MQ and the receving MQ/MB.
The AMS exit on the sending side was invoked and encrypt the XML message. But the broker message flow is getting a parsar error saying that the input message is not XML. We suspect that the API exit is not invoke to decrypt the message when the broker MQGET the message off the Queue. We try to run mq trace with just type -api. and did not see any AMS data. We were wondering if we should use some other trace type value or if there is a better way to tell that the EXIT is actually invoked ?
BTW, we see no AMS error at all. That's why we think the the exit is not getting control instead of perhaps certificate problem.
The use Id putting the message to the queue is mqm and our broker is running with ID mqm. So I think there should be no authorization issue.
tczielke
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

Running a trace with the "-t all" will give you the most information. I haven't verified it, but I would anticipate you would see if an exit is being loaded with that type of trace.

Also, you didn't mention your operating system platform, but if this is Unix/Linux, you can use a command like lsof (or pfiles for Solaris) to see if the exit shared object file has been opened by your process as an exit invocation verification technique.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

If the exit is defined correctly to WMQ (Windows registry, mqs.ini, qm.ini), you would receive an error if the exit could not be found or loaded. Did you get any error logged?
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

The platform is linux on x86
There is no error anywhere , MQ or AMS logs. That's the problem.
I was trying to avoid doing a -t all which produce a large amount of data. I'll try the t - all if there is no other suggestion.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

How about having the exit do something simple and noticeable, like writing a 'hello world' string to disk - in a test environment. At least you will verify that the exit gets called.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You should be able to do just an MQ trace on the IIB DataFlowEngine process. That's where the MQ call is going to be made from, and that's where the exit will or will not be called.

If you put your flow in it's own Integration Server/Execution Group, and leave it stopped until you're ready to run the trace (and run an IIB service trace at the same time.... ), you should be able to only collection the exact information you're looking for, and not collect information about every use of MQ on the entire machine or queue manager.

Note that I'm suggesting you run BOTH an MQ trace and an IIB Service Trace at the same time, for exactly and only one specific DataflowEngine process that ONLY has your flow deployed to it.

Bruce, the exit in question is WebSphere MQ AMS. It's not really something one can change on a whim.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » How to tell if API exit is invoke
Jump to: