ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Unable to receive response from MQ backend

Unable to receive response from MQ backend « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
phanish
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Unable to receive response from MQ backend Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I am seeing an issue while receiving the response from the MQ back-end.I am posting a request to a queue by setting the reply queue from DP and I am receiving the response with the same MsgID and Co-relID as the request.response is coming to the reply queue but DP is not able to process the response because requests' CorelID not equals to Responses' MessageID. I cant swap the MsgId and corelID of the response. Could you please help if there are any options to achieve this
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Remember you HAVE to commit the request before you can expect the response...
phanish
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I am able to post the request but I am not able to receive the response and the response messages are being piled up in the reply queue which I believe is due to MsgId and CorelID mismatch.I am using the below url to send my messages to the request queue.
Code:

dpmq://Common_EAIFileServerQMG/?RequestQueue=PROSPECT.SBL.TO.SAP.REQ;ReplyQueue=QL.MD.PROSPECT.SAP.TO.SBL.RESP;TimeOut=60000;PMO=1152;GMO= 8197
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

phanish wrote:
I am able to post the request but I am not able to receive the response and the response messages are being piled up in the reply queue which I believe is due to MsgId and CorelID mismatch.I am using the below url to send my messages to the request queue.
Code:

dpmq://Common_EAIFileServerQMG/?RequestQueue=PROSPECT.SBL.TO.SAP.REQ;ReplyQueue=QL.MD.PROSPECT.SAP.TO.SBL.RESP;TimeOut=60000;PMO=1152;GMO= 8197

If you expect the reply in the same transaction as the request, you will time out EVERY time. This may not be about a MsgId / CorelId mismatch, but about transactional boundaries and timing...
phanish
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

yeah it's timing out but the response should be synchronous. can you please help me achieving this. Am I doing this right way
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

phanish wrote:
yeah it's timing out but the response should be synchronous. can you please help me achieving this. Am I doing this right way

Do not confuse "quasi synchronous" with synchronous. MQ is an Asynchronous protocol... so your question is essentially:

How do I mix a synchronous process with an asynchronous process and still return the reply of the synchronous process in a timely manner...
phanish
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi
I made this working by posting the request to backend Queue and populating the MessageID (harcoding) along with the other mqmd parameters.after the backend processing and getting the response to replyQueue,which had been set in the MQMD while sending to backend Q,I am making another url-open call to get the message from reply-queue that matches the messageID that I used in sending the reuquest. .Now the DP is able to receive the responses.
can you please let me know if anyother alternative ideas to achive this.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Let WMQ handle message IDs etc... On the requester side (DP) you have to query the MQMD AFTER the put completed. This will give you the msgID to look for. Remember MsgID and CorrelID are an array of bytes and NOT a string...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Unable to receive response from MQ backend
Jump to: