ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » FTE and FTP, how to configure?

FTE and FTP, how to configure? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
xeonix
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: FTE and FTP, how to configure? Reply with quote

Apprentice

Greetings gentlemen!

I need to configure MQ FTE 7.0.4.3 to use FTP for incoming and outcoming files. Searching thru the internets - I didn't found any sample/tutorial/walkthrough on how to do that.

FTE's Infocenter tells me, that I have to additionally create Protocol Bridge Agent, specifically configured for my FTP server in order to perform file operations.

So here's what I'm doing:
My testing env configuration is Windows 2008 R2, IBM WebSphere MQ 7.5.0.2 and IBM WebSphere MQ FTE 7.0.4.3. On this box I have:
- Coordination QMgr, that acts like Command QMgr for FTE agent, because I have everything on the same box.
- FTE agent and monitors, that works with local file system.
So far things are working good, FTE transmits files from one folder to another. With networks shares it works fine too. Now I need to additionally use FTP, so my FTE agent could pull files from FTP and send them to other places, and to receive files from other agents and put them to FTP.
As FTE server I'm using IIS 7.5. I have created FTP site and granted to MQ/FTE account full permissions. I also granted anonymous users full access too for now.
Then, according to Infocenter I'm executing:

fteCreateBridgeAgent -agentName AGENT_XRMftp -agentQMgr QMWAY -bt FTP -bh localhost -bp 21 -bm WINDOWS -btz Etc/GMT-8 -bsl en_US -bfe UTF-8 -s svcXRMftp -su MUSR_MQADMIN -sp P@ssw0rd -f

Okay, agent AGENT_XRMFTP is created. I loaded corresponding agent creation script to MQ. Then - launched bridge agent's associates Windows service.
Next, I created monitor that takes files from the local folder by the normal FTE agent and transfers it to the Protocol Bridge Agent I just created.

Transfer log indicated error:
BFGBR0088E: No credential mapping has been found for user 'Administrato'.

Then I opened file "ProtocolBridgeCredentials.xml" and modified it in this way:

Code:

<tns:credentials xmlns:tns="http://wmqfte.ibm.com/ProtocolBridgeCredentials"
                 xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
                 xsi:schemaLocation="http://wmqfte.ibm.com/ProtocolBridgeCredentials ProtocolBridgeCredentials.xsd ">

<tns:serverHost name="localhost">
   <tns:user name="Adminitrato" serverUserId="MUSR_MQADMIN" serverPassword="P@ssw0rd" />
   <tns:user name="MUSR_MQADMIN" serverUserId="Adminitrato" serverPassword="P@ssw0rd" />
   <tns:user name="Adminitrator" serverUserId="MUSR_MQADMIN" serverPassword="P@ssw0rd" />
   <tns:user name="MUSR_MQADMIN" serverUserId="Adminitrator" serverPassword="P@ssw0rd" />
    </tns:serverHost>
</tns:credentials>

But still got the same error.
Can you tell me please, what is wrong and how do I configure FTE to use FTP?

I also noticed, that when creating new FTE monitor using MQ Explorer - my Protocol Bridge Agent is not listed within "Source Agent" dropdown. Does it mean, that Protocol Bridge Agent could act as receiver only, and not as sender (which polls FTP path and pulls files from it to transfer them to FTE network)?
tomleend
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi xeonix,

I believe I might be able to help you with your issue.

As you have already indicated, the error log shows the problem is:

BFGBR0088E: No credential mapping has been found for user 'Administrato'.

which is correct. Take a look at your credential mappings, specifically this one:

tns:user name="Adminitrato" serverUserId="MUSR_MQADMIN" <serverPassword="P@ssw0rd" />

You need to change: #

name="Adminitrato"

to:

name="Administrato"

You will then need to restart your Protocol Bridge Agent so the changes can be picked up.

Can you give that a go and see if it resolves your problem?

In answer to your other question:

"I also noticed, that when creating new FTE monitor using MQ Explorer - my Protocol Bridge Agent is not listed within "Source Agent" dropdown. Does it mean, that Protocol Bridge Agent could act as receiver only, and not as sender (which polls FTP path and pulls files from it to transfer them to FTE network)?"

The answer is as follows:

Resource Monitors are not supported on Protocol Bridge agents or Connect:Direct® bridge agents as indicated in the WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition Infocenter:

* WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition V7.0.4.3 > Administering > Resource monitoring

* WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition V7.0.4.3 > Reference > Commands > fteCreateMonitor

I hope the above helps you to resolve the issue you are having!
xeonix
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.
Indeed, I wrote Administrato user incorrectly, that was the problem.
Now my sender agent successfully sends files to the Protocol Bridge Agent, which puts them to FTP server.

So, Protocol Bridge Agent can't use resource monitoring, that's clear. The only option I see is to create scheduled transfer, where the source agent would be Protocol Bridge Agent and the destination is "normal" agent.

And again, I cannot make it work:

Code:
fteCreateTransfer -sa AGENT_FTP -da AGENT_FS -td "FTP-FS.xml"

FTP-WAY.xml:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><request version="6.00" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FileTransfer.xsd">
  <managedTransfer>
    <originator>
      <hostName>MY_HOST_NAME</hostName>
      <userID>Administrator</userID>
    </originator>
    <schedule>
      <submit timebase="admin" timezone="America/Los_Angeles">2014-01-29T05:26</submit>
      <repeat>
        <frequency interval="minutes">1</frequency>
      </repeat>
    </schedule>
    <sourceAgent QMgr="QMCENTRAL" agent="AGENT_FTP"/>
    <destinationAgent QMgr="QMCENTRAL" agent="AGENT_FS"/>
    <transferSet priority="0">
      <item checksumMethod="MD5" mode="binary">
        <source disposition="delete" recursive="false">
          <file>localhost:/OUT/test_file_0010.txt</file>
        </source>
        <destination exist="overwrite" type="file">
          <file>C:\FTE-WORK-DIR\FTP\FS_IN</file>
        </destination>
      </item>
    </transferSet>
  </managedTransfer>
</request>

In my FTP root I have folder "OUT" with "test_file_0010.txt" file there.
So, basically, that file is available at:
ftp://localhost:21/OUT/test_file_0010.txt

Yet, still got new one:
BFGIO0110E: File "/OUT/test_file_0010.txt" does not exist.

And do I correctly understand, that when creating "Transfer" you have to know the file name(s), before starting the transfer, so you cannot use pattern "*.txt" nor regex like in monitors?
xeonix
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Oh, now I get it, it's a bug:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC92603
FTE doesn't support IIS format of listing files when querying FTP server for files. Next Fix Pack should deal with this problem.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » FTE and FTP, how to configure?
Jump to: