ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » TDS message set for CSV file

TDS message set for CSV file « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
lokeshraghuram
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: TDS message set for CSV file Reply with quote

Novice

hi
lokeshraghuram
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: TDS message set for CSV file Reply with quote

Novice

Hello

I tried creating a message set for csv output message. I have created a complex type STUDENT with a group indicator as 01 group terminator as <CR><LF> and delimiter as comma(,). Now suppose the complex type student has two elements NAME and AGE and I give values to these through esql code I am getting following output

01NAME,AGE..,
(dots represent CR and LF)
My doubt is..delimiter is placed after CR-LF and not after AGE..I feel TDS writer is assuming the last element of the complex type and group delimiter as a single element.

1.Could anyone please suggest a way to get the delimiter after the last element and before CR-LF
2. Also is there an option to skip the delimiter after CR-LF..

Expected output:
01NAME,AGE,..
01NAME1,AGE1,..
kimbert
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Have you looked at the CSV sample in the samples gallery?

I assume you are using WMB v7. If you were using v8 or v9 you would be better off using the DFDL domain, not MRM.
new_to_wmb8
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

you can use
Quote:
Reserved Characters as ,<CR><LF>
lokeshraghuram
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the reply kimbert

The mistake that I did was for the complex type delimiter should be used as <CR><LF>. Instead I was using comma and that is why I got comma at the end of every new line character

I am learning DFDL. Could you please tell me if DFDL can be referenced to a message flow in WMB8? like how an MRM message set will be referred using messageset type and messageset format
kimbert
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
I am learning DFDL
Good idea. I suggest that you start by looking at the CSV wizard - it makes things very simple.

Quote:
Could you please tell me if DFDL can be referenced to a message flow in WMB8? like how an MRM message set will be referred using messageset type and messageset format
At risk of repeating myself...have you checked the samples gallery? There is at least one example of a message flow that uses DFDL in there.
MRM: You need to specify 3 items : message set , message type and message format.
DFDL: You only need to specify one item : the global element declaration that the parser should use. The other two parameters do not apply to DFDL.

Note that the DFDL properties can be configured in the Input node properties, and the UI should stop you from doing it wrong.
lokeshraghuram
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Initially I did not refer samples but I started referring them on your suggestion Thanks a lot for your suggestions

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » TDS message set for CSV file
Jump to: