ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » iSeries, OpenVMS, HP-NSS » SOLVED: MAT1 SupportPac - Client on HP Non-Stop Server

SOLVED: MAT1 SupportPac - Client on HP Non-Stop Server « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: SOLVED: MAT1 SupportPac - Client on HP Non-Stop Server Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I'm doing a bit of proof-of-concept work at the moment and hitting a bit of a brick wall, so hoping the community will be able to assist.

Initially the install was pathed differently to what it is now and I asked for it to be reinstalled to align it with the directory structures I would expect to see on a 'standard' *nix box; at this point no Client/Server connectivity testing was carried out.

The uninstallation/reinstallation was carried out by the HP-NSS admins, and I can see nothing wrong with the command line run; the directory structures are now as on a 'standard' *nix box.

When running the amqsputc sample from /opt/mqm/samp/bin I get a failure as the Client code is looking for the libmqic_r.so library in a Guardian path and not where I would expect it to look - in /opt/mqm/lib, which is where it is.

As this is a first for both me and the HP-NSS admins, we're not sure whether something is 'missing' from the install, or whether we have missed a step somewhere, so before raising a PMR I was wondering if anyone out there has successfully installed WMQ Client on HP-NSS and can advise me further.

Thank you.

Last edited by exerk on Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Tibor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Hi exerk, did you get an RLD error? e.g.
Code:
/opt/mqm/samp/bin> amqsput
*** RLD ERROR ***: FileSystem Error 11: File /G/SYSTEM/ZDLL/libmqm.so NOT Found
/bin/-sh: amqsput: tdm_execve(): failed with unexpected error
pr_errno=(4022) pr_TPCerror=(75) pr_TPCdetail=(11)
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Tibor wrote:
Hi exerk, did you get an RLD error? e.g.
Code:
/opt/mqm/samp/bin> amqsput
*** RLD ERROR ***: FileSystem Error 11: File /G/SYSTEM/ZDLL/libmqm.so NOT Found
/bin/-sh: amqsput: tdm_execve(): failed with unexpected error
pr_errno=(4022) pr_TPCerror=(75) pr_TPCdetail=(11)

Were you looking over my shoulder?

And, yes, that's almost exactly the error - it was libmqic_r.so in my case. The HP-NSS admins are scratching their heads over this, and so am I. I've little doubt it's something simple that we're missing but we're all at sea as to what.
Tibor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

OK.

In case of that, you should set some environment variables which are controlling the libraries:
Code:
export _RLD_FIRST_LIB_PATH=/opt/mqm/lib
export _RLD_LIB_PATH=/opt/mqm/lib

A little bit confusing for me why both of them is mandatory, but who cares if it is working...

If there was any setting for these variables you can use this format:
Code:
export _RLD_FIRST_LIB_PATH=$_RLD_FIRST_LIB_PATH:/opt/mqm/lib
Tibor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

There is an entry on the support site as well: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21299551

But it was not enough for our platform.

...and sorry for dumping the info, but it is a useful RLD manual for NSS / Tandem admins: https://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02129309-4%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Last edited by Tibor on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Tibor wrote:
There is an entry on the support site as well: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21299551

But it was not enough for our platform.

We looked at that - and my apologies for not stating that on the original post - but there is no /var/mqm/wmqprofile script, or anywhere in the install. I've opened a PMR with IBM for further assistance, and very much appreciate your input.
Tibor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Didn't it help you, if _RLD_FIRST_LIB_PATH was set to your MQ library path? I've just tried it on for my curiosity and it is working at my side.
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Tibor wrote:
Didn't it help you, if _RLD_FIRST_LIB_PATH was set to your MQ library path? I've just tried it on for my curiosity and it is working at my side.

Thank you once again for the additional information, but unfortunately still no joy. Setting the variables in an OSH session moved the error to:

Quote:
*** RLD ERROR ***: DLL File Format Error

Tibor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Last idea: setting the RLD debug variable to 3:
Code:
export _RLDVERBOSE=3

You can increase it up to 8 for more info.
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Tibor wrote:
Last idea: setting the RLD debug variable to 3:
Code:
export _RLDVERBOSE=3

You can increase it up to 8 for more info.

That gives me some additional information (which doesn't mean anything to me) but still no gravy

I'll wait on IBM to get back to me, but many thanks for your patience and assistance.
Tibor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I know the PMR has been open, but one more question... Could you (or admins) check the library with noft -file ... -listsrlinfo detail?
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Tibor wrote:
I know the PMR has been open, but one more question... Could you (or admins) check the library with noft -file ... -listsrlinfo detail?

Will do when I get the chance...
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Setting the _RLD_FIRST_LIB_PATH to the WMQ binary path, in our case /opt/mqm/bin, fixed the issue - well done the HP-NSS admins for figuring out that one!

PMR closed and feedback requests for a statement in the Info Centre(s) in regard to the setting of the variable in the user profile.

@Tibor, many thanks for your assistance as I'm sure it gave a pointer to the fix.

Moving this to the 'funnies' forum, where I should have created it in the first place

MQSeries.net Forum Index » iSeries, OpenVMS, HP-NSS » SOLVED: MAT1 SupportPac - Client on HP Non-Stop Server
Jump to: