ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Alter Message Destination

Alter Message Destination « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rammer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Alter Message Destination Reply with quote

Partisan

Hello, currently a theoretical question

I have a MQ Cluster that consists of
QMGRA
QMGRB
QMGRC

All are part of the same cluster
I have a Cluster Queue lets say DATA.IN on QMGRB and QMGRC
Data is sent from QMGRA to DATA.IN and this round robins to the queue on QMGRB and QMGRC

For what ever reason QMGRB suddenly goes off line and some data is now stuck on QMGRA XMITQ with destination of QMGRB. I am then told that QMGRB is not likely to come back for some time. Is there a way of forwarding the data to QMGRC which does host the same cluster queue?

Thanks
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Your question is at odds with your preceding statement; if the messages round-robin then you must have an instance of the queue on each of QMGRB and QMGRC.

That said, define an instance of the queue on QMGRC, give it the lowest possible priority and for good measure put-disable it, and the instance on QMGRB the highest priority. In normal operation all messages will go to QMGRB, but when QMGRB goes totally tonto there will be only one target left: QMGRC. Put enable the queue when QMGRB disappears (you may find some messages Dead-Letter) and away you go. This of course assumes that the messages have no affinity with QMGRB, i.e. that queue manager name is not explicitly specified at open time, or that BIND_ON_OPEN was not specified.
rammer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

exerk wrote:
Your question is at odds with your preceding statement; if the messages round-robin then you must have an instance of the queue on each of QMGRB and QMGRC..

Hi Exerc

Yes that is correct DATA.IN is on both QMGRB and QMGRC. They are both operational there is currently no priority set on the queues etc BIND_ON_OPEN is not set.
My query is if QMGRB suddenly drops of the planet for what ever reason and there was data about to traverse over the Network to QMGRB when QMGRB dropped, the channel on QMGRA is in retry as its not sure what is going on. Is it possible to then move the messages on QMGRA XMITQ to the alternative Cluster QMGR which in this case would be QMGRC.

Thanks
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

If the messages were load balancing between B and C, and B takes a dirt nap, and the messages on their way to B never made it all the way to B, then they will be rereouted to C, assuming they were not explicitly addressed to B.

When the channel to B goes into retrying mode, the cluster workload algorithm on A will be driven and if the messages on the S.C.T.Q on A looking for B are eligible to go to C, A will ship them to C at that time.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Alter Message Destination
Jump to: