ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQSeries, WMQI, XML and SAP R/3

MQSeries, WMQI, XML and SAP R/3 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
RatherBeGolfing
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:11 am    Post subject: MQSeries, WMQI, XML and SAP R/3 Reply with quote

Centurion

Two years ago I briefly looked into "The MQSeries Link for SAP R/3" and there seemed to be some limitations related to using IDOCS and the ALE layer of SAP R/3, otherwise it didn't make sense to use the link software.

I have folks here who are wondering if we can communicate with SAP using data in XML documents. And, if so, how can we get the data to and from SAP.

SAP is pretty much a big black box to me and the integration of the data it houses continues to be a challenge.

Can anyone on this forum comment on current techniques/software for integrating SAP into the rest of the application community?

TIA,
Larry LaChanse
The MONY Group
ballplayer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I've always just used IDOCs via MQLink R/3 or RFCs using NEONAdapter. If you want, you can actually take an XML document and transform it into an IDOC using MQSI and then pass it throught MQLink.

Or you might want to read up and see how to use SAP's XML port. I've never tried it, but I heard that it works.
raj
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: MQLink for R/3 Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi Larry,

We are currently using MQ Link for R/3 for transfering IDOCS between SAP and SAP to legacy applications.We dont have any problem.

tHANKS
Raj
miron
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: XML Bridge Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

There is a software called XML Bridge that allows you to make RFC calls to/from SAP with XML SOAP data.
We use it both R3Link and XMLBridge in our SAP installation.

Miron

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQSeries, WMQI, XML and SAP R/3
Jump to: