ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Scheduled restarts and OAUTH integration

Scheduled restarts and OAUTH integration « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
chris777
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Scheduled restarts and OAUTH integration Reply with quote

These are not related, just two questions I have.

1) We had a recent issue where an AAA policy failed. And the fix? We simply "refreshed" it or just went through the steps, next, next, commit. Changing nothing. We had talked to another company that said they do scheduled restarts of all domains(because of issues like these). I spoke with IBM and they said this should not be required(of course not right?) but it does no harm. What do you guys think? Have you seen a similar problem or do you do restarts bi-monthly etc?

2) I was recently asked "Does Datapower integrate with external Authorization Servers". OAUTH - According to this article: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1208_rasmussen/1208_rasmussen.html - if the auth server is Tivoli then yes...otherwise I can't say for sure? We use a PING server. Any ideas or do you need more info?

3) I normally post on the IBM DW forums. Wondering if this is a good place for DP discussions or if there is another forum out there better suited? Or if I should just shuttup and use both?

Thanks!
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

1. A redeploy/restart should not be required unless the artifact changes. Open a PMR so that IBM can produce a fix.

2. The answer to the question is YES. Any product that serves LDAP protocol V3 is compatible with DataPower. This includes many third-party servers, not just Tivoli. Such as Microsoft and public-domain authentication servers.

3. Only post here if you've done alot of searching and reading. Posting "can I do this" or "can I do that" is not what the host of the forum envisions the best use of people's time here. The forum is not a training site. Presumably, you have acquired enough knowledge to be self-sufficient. I don't know many people who can tolerate the slow response times of the web servers that host IBM DW forums.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Scheduled restarts and OAUTH integration
Jump to: