ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Using MQ Command Server on W2K from OS/390 MQ-Manager

Using MQ Command Server on W2K from OS/390 MQ-Manager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Rudi Rozek
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Using MQ Command Server on W2K from OS/390 MQ-Manager Reply with quote

MY current task is to monitor the objects of a W2K - MQSeries Server from an OS/390 - mainframe. I use the "standard command server" and put my commands (i.e.: Start Channel) into a remote queue on the OS/390 System. The remote queue points to the SYSTEM.ADMIN.COMMAND.QUEUE on the W2K-Queue manager.
Instead of receiving a valid answer like "Command Accepted" I receive some hex garbage in my REPLY-TO queue on the OS/390 system.
I cannot see any error code in the answer nor do I see any error messages in the MQ error file on the W2K - system.
Has anybody got an idea?
nimconsult
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

I suspect this is a problem of character set. Your mainframe and W2K platforms do not speak the same (first is EBCDIC, second is ASCII). To see the output, read the reply message with MQGMO_CONVERT.

NIMCONSULT Software Architecture Services (Belgium)
http://www.nimconsult.be

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Using MQ Command Server on W2K from OS/390 MQ-Manager
Jump to: