ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » WSMQ FTE - Can't make Database JEE Database logger to work

WSMQ FTE - Can't make Database JEE Database logger to work « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
xeonix
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: WSMQ FTE - Can't make Database JEE Database logger to work Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi, guys!
My software config is:
OS: Win 2008 R2, SOFT: WebSphere MQ 7.0.1.3 + FTE 7.0.4.2
OS: CentOS 6.3 x64, SOFT: WebSphere Application Server CE 3.0.0.3
No Active Directory or LDAP used.

What I'm trying to do - is to configure FTE Database JEE Logger.
According to this manual: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqfte/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wmqfte.doc%2Fdl_install_jee_was7.htm
With that manual I couldn't even deploy logger components properly, so I had to examine server logs in order to find out, what else do they need.
So, I begun to configure all this stuff.

In WAS CE I went to "Resorces/Repository" and deployed some required libs:
1.1) com.ibm.mqetclient.jar (transactional support for MQ client)
Group: mq
Artifact: com.ibm.mqetclient
Version: 1.00
Type: jar
1.2) com.ibm.mq.jmqi.jar (Java classes for MQ)
Group: mq
Artifact: com.ibm.mq.jmqi
Version: 1.00
1.3) ojdbc5.jar (Oracle JDBC Driver)
Group: jdbc
Artifact: oracle
Version: 5.00

Next, I've created "FTELOG" user in my Oracle Database and succesfully generated all required schema objects, wusing DDL scripts, bundled with FTE (<FTE_INSTALL_PATH>\tools\sql\ftelog_tables_oracle.sql).
So now I have to create Datasource in WAS CE for that database:

2) In WAS CE I went to "Resources/Datasources" and click "Using the WebSphere CE database pool wizard"
Database pool name: jdbc/wmqfte-database
Database Type: Oracle Thin
Driver JAR: jdbc/oracle/5.00/jar
DB User Name: FTELOG
DB Password: *****
Host: <my_oracle_IP>
SID: <my_sid>
Port: 1521

But when I specify "Transaction Type: XA" - WAS CE dosen't let me to save the datasource nor test it, only LOCAL is supported. So there's no other option:

Transaction Type: LOCAL
Datasource works fine, when I test it.

Next, I've created user "FTELOG" on Windows machine, where MQ + FTE resides, gave him all required permissions.

Now, it's time to deploy and configure MQ JMS Resource Adapter (file "wmq.jmsra.rar", bundled with WS MQ in "<WS_MQ_INSTALL_PATH>\java\lib\jca").
I went to "Applications/Deployer" and unchecked "Start application after installation", then:

3) Archive: "wmq.jmsra.rar"
Plan: DeployPlan.xml

and here's it's contents:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector">

<dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">

<!--There's nothing said about "moduleId" in manual,
and without it connector registers with name other than required by logger JEE application (com.ibm.wmqfte.databaselogger.jee.oracle.ear)
as well as about "com.ibm.mqetclient" dependency-->

<moduleId>
      <groupId></groupId>
      <artifactId>wmq.jmsra.rar</artifactId>
      <version></version>
      <type>rar</type>
    </moduleId>
    <dep:dependencies>
      <dep:dependency>
        <dep:groupId>mq</dep:groupId>
        <dep:artifactId>com.ibm.mqetclient</dep:artifactId>
        <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
        <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
      </dep:dependency>
    </dep:dependencies>
  </dep:environment>

<resourceadapter>
    <resourceadapter-instance>
      <resourceadapter-name>WMQ</resourceadapter-name>

<!-- tracing is also not works, log says, that "System.out" is invalid "traceDestination" -->

<!--config-property-setting name="traceEnabled">true</config-property-setting>
      <config-property-setting name="traceLevel">1</config-property-setting>
      <config-property-setting name="traceDestination">System.out</config-property-setting-->
      <workmanager>
        <gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</gbean-link>
      </workmanager>
    </resourceadapter-instance>
    <outbound-resourceadapter>
      <connection-definition>
        <connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
        <connectiondefinition-instance>
          <name>jms/WMQFTEJEEDBLoggerRejectQueueCF</name>
          <config-property-setting name="queueManager">my_coordinator_qm</config-property-setting>

<!--As my MQ and WAS CE are on separate boxes, I'm using CLIENT connections-->

<config-property-setting name="transportType">CLIENT</config-property-setting>
          <config-property-setting name="channel">SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN</config-property-setting>
          <config-property-setting name="hostName">my_coordinator_qm_IP</config-property-setting>
          <config-property-setting name="port">1414</config-property-setting>
          <connectionmanager>
            <xa-transaction>
              <transaction-caching/>
            </xa-transaction>
            <single-pool>
              <max-size>10</max-size>
              <min-size>1</min-size>
              <blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
              <idle-timeout-minutes>2</idle-timeout-minutes>
              <match-all />
            </single-pool>
          </connectionmanager>
        </connectiondefinition-instance>
      </connection-definition>
    </outbound-resourceadapter>
  </resourceadapter>
  <adminobject>
    <adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>
    <adminobject-class>com.ibm.mq.connector.outbound.MQQueueProxy</adminobject-class>
    <adminobject-instance>
      <message-destination-name>jms/WMQFTEJEEDBLoggerRejectQueue</message-destination-name>
      <config-property-setting name="baseQueueManagerName">my_coordinator_qm</config-property-setting>
      <config-property-setting name="baseQueueName">SYSTEM.FTE.DATABASELOGGER.REJECT</config-property-setting>
    </adminobject-instance>
  </adminobject>
</connector>

Deployment was successfull, now it's time to launch deployed connector:
Go to "Applications/User Assets/Installed Java EE Connectors" and here's my "default/wmq.jmsra.rar/1364553837024/rar", which is not running.
When I try to start it says "Error Lifecycle operation failed". In "server.log" of WAS CE I got:

Configuration default/wmq.jmsra.rar/1364553837024/rar failed to start due to the following reasons:
The service J2EEApplication=null,JCAConnectionFactory=jms/WMQFTEJEEDBLoggerRejectQueueCF,JCAManagedConnectionFactory=jms/WMQFTEJEEDBLoggerRejectQueueCF,JCAResource=wmq.jmsra,ResourceAdapter=wmq.jmsra,ResourceAdapterModule=default/wmq.jmsra.rar/1364553837024/rar,j2eeType=JCAConnectionManager,name=jms/WMQFTEJEEDBLoggerRejectQueueCF did not start because No XAResource supplied. XA support may not be configured properly
java.lang.NullPointerException: No XAResource supplied. XA support may not be configured properly

So it requires XA, but I'm not able to configure XA Datasource for my Oracle database - as I've said before, WAS CE dosen't let me to save datasource with "Transaction Type: XA" specified.
Got no clue what to do next, can anybody help?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » WSMQ FTE - Can't make Database JEE Database logger to work
Jump to: