ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Database Retrieve node issue

Database Retrieve node issue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
nelson
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Database Retrieve node issue Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi all,

I'm using WMB 8.0.0.1.

I have defined a JDBC configurable service (MyConn) to connect to a DB2 database. In my message flow I have a Database Retrieve node. After setting the data source name (the configurable service name, MyConn), in the Data Element Table layer, when I try to add a data element entry the combo doesn't fill with the names of the columns of the database table. It is supposed that the toolkit fills this combo for you? because it is not enabled to write by yourself the name of the columns.

I have restarted the broker after defining the configurable service.

Is there any way to test that the configurable service is working? Am I missing something?

Any advice is very appreciated.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You need to create a data definition.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v8r0m0/topic/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/br28826_.htm
nelson
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mqjeff wrote:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v8r0m0/topic/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/br28826_.htm

I have already created the data definition and I'm able to see the tables and columns from the Data Source Explorer, but I don't know how to map this definition to the data source name. I don´t understand why I have to define the configurable service and then create the data definition.

I followed the steps of the "Making the JDBC provider service available to the DatabaseRetrieve node" section of the DatabaseRetrieve node documentation

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v8r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.etools.mft.doc%2Fac37390_.htm

Can you please clarify me this.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You have to create a mechanism in Toolkit for it to discover and populate the node information entirely separately from the runtime. Because, among other things, the runtime could use an entirely separate JDBCConfigurableService than the one you specify in your toolkit when you build and test the flow locally.

that said, I don't know why it's not working in Toolkit.
emiddleware
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: facing issue in query element on Database retrieve node Reply with quote

Centurion

nelson wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

I have already created the data definition and I'm able to see the tables and columns from the Data Source Explorer, but I don't know how to map this definition to the data source name. I don´t understand why I have to define the configurable service and then create the data definition.

I followed the steps of the "Making the JDBC provider service available to the DatabaseRetrieve node" section of the DatabaseRetrieve node documentation

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v8r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.etools.mft.doc%2Fac37390_.htm

I have MQ v7.0 and MB v 8.0.0.0.0 evaluation version on Windows 7.

1) I created a Database connection
2) I was able to view all the schema and tables.
3) I also created data definition .
4) I am unable to see the query element when I want to select it from the properties of database retrieve node .
What am I missing ?
nelson
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

You need to populate manually the "Basic" (Query Elements) tab and then use the values in the "Data Element Table".

From what I know the Query Elements cannot be populated automatically. The Infocenter does not mention that you can query dynamically those values (you only use the Data Source Explorer as a reference to view the database structure):

Quote:
Use the Data Source Explorer view to discover the names of tables in a target database, and the names of any columns in those tables. You must import database definitions for your databases into the IBM Integration Toolkit before you can view them in the Data Source Explorer view.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac37390_.htm
emiddleware
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Data element Table of Database Retrieve node issue Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,
1) I populated the query elements manually . In the query I also mentioned if ID = $InputRoot/XMLNSC/Participant/External_Id.
I am able to see the query which displays like
SELECT PARTICIPANT.BUSINESS_NAME
FROM PARTICIPANT
WHERE PARTICIPANT.ID IS NOT NULL
AND PARTICIPANT.EXTERNAL_ID = '$InputRoot/XMLNS/Participant/External_Id'
AND PARTICIPANT.CONNECTOR_ID IS NULL
ORDER BY PARTICIPANT.BUSINESS_NAME ASC

Now after execution of the above query, the resultset has to be propagated to the outputroot ... Is it in the data element table ???

When I want to add an element in the data element window, it is accepting Business_Name ... why ?
I entered the Message element value as "$OutputLocalEnvironment/Destination" .

Is it correct ?
emiddleware
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: database config - database retrieve node issue in MB v8 Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,
I also checked the following link :
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/c7e1448b-9651-456c-9924-f78bec90d2c2/resource/EBI%20scenarios/scnmap_02_V9_book.pdf?lang=en

The above link shows details related to V9. Since some menu items are not present in V8 , I am still looking for a document that has a step by step instruction .

If you come across , Kindly share
nelson
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Data element Table of Database Retrieve node issue Reply with quote

Partisan

emiddleware wrote:
Now after execution of the above query, the resultset has to be propagated to the outputroot ... Is it in the data element table ???

You have to specify where the output should be placed.

emiddleware wrote:

When I want to add an element in the data element window, it is accepting Business_Name ... why ?
I entered the Message element value as "$OutputLocalEnvironment/Destination" .

Is it correct ?

You specify the output in The Data Elements. You can specify the location wherever you want; the node does not generate for you the output structure automatically.
emiddleware
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: database retrieve node Reply with quote

Centurion

I did all the steps ... I am not getting the result . still struggling
nelson
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Share with you an example:

Basic Tab (generated SQL Statement):

Code:
SELECT SQLUSER.MYTABLE.MYCOLUMN1
FROM SQLUSER.MYTABLE
WHERE SQLUSER.MYTABLE.MYID = ?
ORDER BY SQLUSER.MYTABLE.MYCOLUMN1 ASC

Data Element Table Tab:

Code:
SQLUSER.MYTABLE.MYCOLUMN1 -> $OutputLocalEnvironment/Variables/MYCOLUMN1
emiddleware
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: About database retrieve Reply with quote

Centurion

I just created three flows - One for java compute node , one with compute node and the other with database retrieve . This is a trial because in practical the real flows in v6.1 will be migrated to v9 (IIB).

So now , I am checking with Javacompute node ...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Database Retrieve node issue
Jump to: