ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » access to subscription queue required?

access to subscription queue required? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dev135
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: access to subscription queue required? Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I have an APP A , connecting to our QMgr(A) thru MQ client and publishes the message to a topic "A/B/C " defined on A . Now i have a subscription object defined on same qmgr A with above as Topic and Dest to a clustered queue on other queue manager(B).
APP A uses "a" as user id and when it publishes it failes to DLQ on the qmgr A. when looked the DLQ it says not able to put msg to the dest queue with 2035 error. but "a" user has pub access to topic.

so to fix it i created an alias on qmgr A to point to cluster queue on B and gave access to "a" user .

question is why we need to give access to the queue here as giving access to topic would suffice right? and moreover pub sub concept is to decouple both publsiher and subscriber..

MQ version : 7.0.1.8 (Linux on Z-series)

Thanks.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Copy/paste the complete DLH (Dead Letter Header) here.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Can you post the definition of the subscription object?

I mean did you specify just the destination name, or did you also specify a destination queue manager?
dev135
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

As of now i dont have the DLQ messages as i cleared out once i fixed the issue. but i am sure the header conatins 2035 with destination queue name when i browsed thru rhfutil. moreover if APP A doesnt have access to topic ..the message shouldnt reach to my queue manager and would have failed at APP A side itself with NOT_AUTHORIZED error right??
@bruce : are you looking for anything specific in the DLQ header ?

below are the defintions:

DEFINE TOPIC(A.B.C) +
TOPICSTR('A/B/C') +
DESCR('TOPIC FOR APP A') DURSUB(YES)

DEFINE SUB(A.B.C.SUB) +
TOPICOBJ(A.B.C) +
DEST(test.queue) REPLACE
- no qmgr name in sub defintion.

rest of the parameters in above defintions are default
where as test.queue is dest queue.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

is the name of the queue really test.queue, or is it TEST.QUEUE or did you just forget to put it in 'test.queue' quotes when you pasted the MQSC here?
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

mqjeff wrote:
is the name of the queue really test.queue, or is it TEST.QUEUE or did you just forget to put it in 'test.queue' quotes when you pasted the MQSC here?

Would that not more likely give 'UNKNOWN OBJECT'?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

exerk wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

Would that not more likely give 'UNKNOWN OBJECT'?

Yes. unless there's a local 'test.queue' on the qmgr that is different than the remote TEST.QUEUE, and the user doesn't have permissions to that queue.

Don't remember how permissions on the xmitq apply here - in this case the system.cluster.transmit.queue or whatever xmitq is set for the cluster channel.
dev135
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Sorry..its TEST.QUEUE only.

But my question is why we need to give access to the queue here or am i missing something here in my setup ? as per pub sub ..both publisher and subscriber are decopuled and who ever having access to publish doesnt really need to have the subscription queue permission to work right ?

and yes to avoid SCTQ permission i created an object on QMgr A and gave permissions to the alias .
dev135
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: <solved>access to subscription queue required Reply with quote

Apprentice

It looks there is an APAR for this issue and once i installed 7.0.1.9 it got fixed .

fyi..

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171&uid=swg1IV16894

Thanks all.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » access to subscription queue required?
Jump to: