ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Design opinion

Design opinion « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
tip.1020
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

kash3338 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. The format wont be changing unless we take that decision as its a internal format.

Given that its an internal format. its fine to use this design,,,
vmcgloin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Which format is an internal format? Are you saying that none of these queues are exposed outside your message broker? What is putting the messages to MQInput2? Is the format some kind of internal canonical format? Why would that not change potentially?

For maintainability I would be tempted to separate out the flow into 2 flows - the specific adapter flow for MQInput1 and the generic processing flow for MQInput2.

You have not provided performance requirements so I assume they are not critical - indeed if they were you would be unlikely to be doing an interim transformation.

On the other hand, depending on your software version and procedures for maintaining subflows, perhaps your design is fine .
tip.1020
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

vmcgloin wrote:
Which format is an internal format? Are you saying that none of these queues are exposed outside your message broker? What is putting the messages to MQInput2? Is the format some kind of internal canonical format? Why would that not change potentially?

For maintainability I would be tempted to separate out the flow into 2 flows - the specific adapter flow for MQInput1 and the generic processing flow for MQInput2.

You have not provided performance requirements so I assume they are not critical - indeed if they were you would be unlikely to be doing an interim transformation.

I agree.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Design opinion
Jump to: