ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » How does a channel "connect" throug a cluster

How does a channel "connect" throug a cluster « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Boomn4x4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: How does a channel "connect" throug a cluster Reply with quote

Disciple

I have a clustering environment setup where PRs are sending data to FRs. I'm having trouble with a PR that is sending data over a different network. I am 95% certain that the reason is that this particular network is blocking traffic on the port I have defined in the cluster sndr/rcver channels. (I'm waiting to hear back from our network team to verify). What has me confused, however, is that the FR "sees" the PR as the FR has created cluster sender channels for the PR. But they are stuck in a Binding / Retrying state.

Where my concern lies is in that how does the FR see and create channels for the PR if the port I'm using is in fact blocked? If the port was blocked, would the FR ever know to create those sender channels? Does MQ use a different protocol/port to connect the repositories vs sending data through the channels? I'm worried that I'm wasting time waiting for our network team to unblock the necessary port while the actual problem exists elsewhere.

Last edited by Boomn4x4 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Moved to Clusters forum.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

you have 2 types of (cluster sender) channels in a cluster

1. manually defined, from the PR to the FR. It is only being used to transfer cluster information
  2. Automatically defined using the cluster receiver definition
    Used from any other qmgr to the PR and will be used to transfer both cluster information and data.
    The problem with a cluster spanning multiple networks is that the information given in the cluster receiver needs to be valid in ALL the networks used in the cluster
    So if you have natting you cannot use an IP(v4). You'd have to use an IP(v6)
    Typically the resolution is done using DNS resolution with the full name or short name of the host.
    It is very unusual to also have a port transposition (makes everything much more complicated.
    Also read the cluster manual how this can be done using mqipt in between...

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » How does a channel "connect" throug a cluster
Jump to: