ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Re-install vs. reconfigure 7.0.4.1 -

Re-install vs. reconfigure 7.0.4.1 - « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqnomad
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re-install vs. reconfigure 7.0.4.1 - Reply with quote

Acolyte

There was a technote released last month from IBM L2 on how to set up a two agent configuration sharing the coordination manager -
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27023933

We are going from a one-queue manager configuration to using separate queue managers for the coordination role, and one qmgr for agent+command roles.

We have MQFTE server 7.0.4.1 installed in zLinux and zOS and agents configured to talk to each other. I don't recall if the install was done using 'client' or 'binding' transport - but looking at the .properties files I want to say it was done with bindings.

Now keep in mind I have no experience with this product ...

If we wanted to reconfigure vs. re-install:

1. in the host with the coordination qmgr

Seems that if we were to run fteSetupCoordination we could set up the needed directories for the new coordination queue - then could we not just update the corresponding .properties file (along with first setting up the new queue managers) - to change to the two manager configuration.
(We are not going to use the original queue manager at all - we will create two new qmgrs, one for coord. one for agent+command) - and corresponding mq infrastructure

2. in the remote agents ... (z/os) follow a similar procedure but remove the coordination queue manager and replace it with the new.

Now, in my mind if we don't have all the infrastructure ready we will really mess up the existing setup - but assuming we do things right -

(1) is it possible to reconfigure vs. re-install, and
(2) is there any "cached" properties ... and how to get rid of them if yes

... Is it better to just create new agents?

Any advise welcome ... and remember, no experience here - don't jump too hard on this if it sounds too dense

Thanks

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Re-install vs. reconfigure 7.0.4.1 -
Jump to: