ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Is there a way to mask invalid char data for XML output?

Is there a way to mask invalid char data for XML output? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kwelch
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: Is there a way to mask invalid char data for XML output? Reply with quote

Master

Hi,

I have the task of taking data from a variety of platforms and creating a common XML message within WMQI that is then put to a queue where the data is picked up by a JAVA app. to be stored in an ORACLE database. A JSP page is being developed to provide viewing of the data in the database as well as replay capability. The problem is that within this XML message there is data from the mainframe that is COMP data and considered invalid by the XML parser. Is there any way that I could wrap this data so that the XML parser will not parse it? I have asked if the data has to be XML and the answer was yes. The Java developer said to Base64 encode it but I don't know what that means in WMQI. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Karen
seeknee
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:44 am    Post subject: CData Section Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi

There is a way of wrapping data so that it remains unparsed

You can use CDATA Section which is an area of message text that is to remain unparsed, You can therfore include characters that are normally excluded from markup within the CDATA section.

SET OutputRoot.XML.A.B.D.(XML.CDataSection) = '1122334455'

'1122334455' will not be parsed by XML Parser.

Hopefully this helps you.
kwelch
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi seeknee

We originally thought that CDATA would keep the data from being parsed but apparently this is not the case. I guess what CDATA does is keep certain characters from having to be escaped. It does not stop the XML Parser from trying to parse each byte.

Karen
seeknee
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi

We also had a problem with CDATA when we where trying to store XML messages into an Oracle Database.

We noticed that MQSI treated CDATA in a strange way, it seemed to just move that bit of data out the way, so we opted to use NEON to do this.

This solved our problems maybe it could help you.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Is there a way to mask invalid char data for XML output?
Jump to: