ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » MQ Client SSL with .kdb using java code

MQ Client SSL with .kdb using java code « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Emret
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: MQ Client SSL with .kdb using java code Reply with quote

Hi,
We have an integration with customer and they are using IBM MQ Server.
they sended us a SSL package to connect their MQ server. Now we have 4 files with extension key.kdb, key.sth, key.crl, key.rdb .
we have to write java code for integration.
Is it possible write java code with these files, can i add these files to java key store?
Any help and sample code will be very good.

thanks.
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

If you are using Java request the client sends the relevant key stores in *.jks format, especially if they have not provided the password for the *.kdb file.
Emret
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: MQ Client SSL with .kdb using java code Reply with quote

we are using java jms and have key.sth file for password, i have not *.jks file, my goal is doing this integration with kdb files.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: MQ Client SSL with .kdb using java code Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Emret wrote:
we are using java jms and have key.sth file for password, i have not *.jks file, my goal is doing this integration with kdb files.
Then you might have to ask IBM as I understand the cms format to be proprietary. There is however in the gskit a function to transform a cms format store to a jks format store...

Have fun
Emret
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: MQ Client SSL with .kdb using java code Reply with quote

thanks for responses, i can not able to convert CMS to JKS because customer provides this SSL certifikate and we dont have password,
if you say that i can't do SSL with kdb files and java code, i will response that we cant do connection with these files.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: MQ Client SSL with .kdb using java code Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Emret wrote:
thanks for responses, i can not able to convert CMS to JKS because customer provides this SSL certifikate and we dont have password,
if you say that i can't do SSL with kdb files and java code, i will response that we cant do connection with these files.

Ok so now you have mandated that the gskit and the IBM jvm be on your path and classpath...as they are the ones supporting the cms format...
Emret
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes we have tried to use these files that they said, any java example will help us i think.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

if you have a stash file, which you do, you should be able to use ikeyman to open the kdb and then create a .jks.
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

mqjeff wrote:
if you have a stash file, which you do, you should be able to use ikeyman to open the kdb and then create a .jks.

The OP has already stated that the password is not known.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

exerk wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

The OP has already stated that the password is not known.

well, yes, I saw that. I also saw "key.sth".

I admit it's been a while since i've actually done this, but the existance of the stash file is what allows the gskit to use the keyring without the program trying to call the keyring knowing what the password is. My intuition was that the stash file would also work from an interactive session. Perhaps that's not true, and I'm remembering wrong.
Emret
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i requested for jks file and they sended us and my problem solved.

thanks for responses.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » MQ Client SSL with .kdb using java code
Jump to: