ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQ installation on Windows 2008

MQ installation on Windows 2008 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
garyprmr
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: MQ installation on Windows 2008 Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi ,

We have insatlled MQ 7.0.1.4 on the Windows 2008 .

The user used for installation is a domain user and we have installed MQ on two nodes which needs to be configured for failover .

We have not set up anything like MQ in domain controller and all.

MQ is running fine on the First node , When we transfer it to the second node MQ failover but is not able to come up on the second node.

I can see the queue manager ended immediately .

When I start it generates a FDC. I had gone through this link .

I was just wondering if something account needs to be created on the active directory and get MQ_USER added to that .

Any suggestions

Thanks
exerk
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: MQ installation on Windows 2008 Reply with quote

Jedi Council

garyprmr wrote:
...We have not set up anything like MQ in domain controller and all...

Why not?

garyprmr wrote:
...Any suggestions...

Yes, reread the manual in regard to Multi-Instance queue managers on Windows.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: MQ installation on Windows 2008 Reply with quote

Poobah

garyprmr wrote:
When we transfer it to the second node...

How? Are you using Multi Instance QMs? Or MSCS?
k_anand2585
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: MSCS and domain controllers Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi team,

My organsiation is implementing MQ failover through MSCS and after purchasing two MQ servers for failover , we were told to purchase and install domain controllers.

1>So my question is does only single primary domain controlelr is needed or backup domain controller is alo needed.

2>Also the installation of mq server will be by different user than.. is it like the user who will create objects and check failover needs to be added to to active domain.

Regards,
AK
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: MSCS and domain controllers Reply with quote

Jedi Council

k_anand2585 wrote:
Hi team,

My organsiation is implementing MQ failover through MSCS and after purchasing two MQ servers for failover , we were told to purchase and install domain controllers.

Who told you to do this? If you are implementing an MI queue manager at V7.0.1 then, yes, it will need to be on a DC, but there is no requirement for MSCS to be implemented on DCs.

k_anand2585 wrote:
1>So my question is does only single primary domain controlelr is needed or backup domain controller is alo needed.

Do you not already have these, or is your organisation so small it's a workgroup?

k_anand2585 wrote:
2>Also the installation of mq server will be by different user than.. is it like the user who will create objects and check failover needs to be added to to active domain.

Read the manual, it's all in there.
k_anand2585
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

yes the oprginsation is small and the vendors from IBM team from whom we are purcahsing the servers informed us regarding domain controllers.

I ahd read regarding domain controllers are only required in multiinstnce q manager but was not really confident if they are required in MSCS..

Any comments!!!
Michael Dag
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mq.amqzag.doc%2Ffa14150_.htm

MQSystems Facebook page
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

k_anand2585 wrote:
yes the oprginsation is small...

Is that a roundabout way of saying you didn't have DCs until now?
k_anand2585
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi ,

We have implemented domain controlelrs for different projects however for first time we are going with MQ setup and that too with failover with MSCS.

We can draw a server old one with 1 gb ram, win 2003 ,1 x QC CPU,100 gb hard disk, will that be sufficient specification.

According to Vendor---MQ HA on windows cluster and multi instance needs Windows DC (Domain Controller). Please referring IBM Website below
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mq.amqzag.doc%2Ffa70240_.htm
(Link does not work)

Windows Cluster (MSCS) need a Domain controller(DC). MQ HA needs MSCS services for fail over. That is the relation between MQ and Windows Cluster.

Whst shud we do as the budget is too tight

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQ installation on Windows 2008
Jump to: