ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Clustering issue

Clustering issue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Clustering issue Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
There r 3 qmgrs on3 different Solaris servers.What I checked,the 3 qmgrs say A,B and C are clustered in say X cluster.All 3 qmgrs (A,B and C) r repository qmgrs since the repos namelist attribute of the three qmgrs refer to a namelist say NL mentioning cluster name as X.
Now the issue is
1) under runmqsc A qmgr,when I am issuing dis clusqmgr(*) command,I can see A qmgr,B qmgr but in case of C qmgr,its displaying as "CLUSQMGR(SYSTEM.TEMPQMGR............".I checked the clussdr chl from A to C and clusrcvr chl on C ,both of whch r running and have correct conname and clusnamelist as NL.wht can be the issue?
2)under runmqsc B qmgr,all the 3 qmgrs(A,B and C) are visible
3)Under runmqsc C qmgr,both the qmgrs A and B r showing as "CLUSQMGR(SYSTEM.TEMPQMGR............"
Please advise,all the sdr chls and rcvr chls r running and checked.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Clustering issue Reply with quote

Poobah

SCTMBI wrote:
"CLUSQMGR(SYSTEM.TEMPQMGR............"

This means that the CLUSSDR and CLUSRCVR have not successfully bound to each other. Often this is due to the CLUSSDR specifying a different port than the qmgr at the other end is listening on. Other channel definition errors are possible, too.

Check to make sure that each channel definition has the exact same CLUSTER() attribute value.

Last edited by bruce2359 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Clustering issue Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SCTMBI wrote:
All 3 qmgrs (A,B and C) r repository qmgrs since the repos namelist attribute of the three qmgrs refer to a namelist say NL mentioning cluster name as X.

WMQ clusters have 2 queue managers which are full repositories (REPOS attribute set). You have 3. Your cluster is incorrectly set up and broken.

SCTMBI wrote:

You don't describe enough cluster channels to make this work. All of the FRs require manually defined cluster channels to each of the other FRs. You don't appear to have this & it's causing the name resolution to fail.

Nominate 2 of the queue managers to be FRs and set your cluster up in accordance with the instructions in the WMQ documentation. If you think you have one of the rare exceptions where there are more than 2 FRs in a cluster, review the posts on this forum about that.

If you still think you needs 3 FRs get a nice cold glass of water and keep thinking.
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

oK....I tried to remove 1 repository qm frma clustering by setting the reposnl to blank.But still,then the output of dis clusqmgr(C) qmtype is qmtype(repos).Wht shall I do?I ve deleted the clussdr chls to qmgr C.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

You have only one cluster, but you specified it in REPOSNL()? Do you have multiple clusters?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

SCTMBI wrote:
oK....I tried to remove 1 repository qm frma clustering by setting the reposnl to blank.But still,then the output of dis clusqmgr(C) qmtype is qmtype(repos).Wht shall I do?I ve deleted the clussdr chls to qmgr C.

Start from scratch.

Unshare all your queues. Remove all cluster receivers. remove all cluster senders. remove all repositories.

Review the documentation on building clusters again.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SCTMBI wrote:
I tried to remove 1 repository qm frma clustering by setting the reposnl to blank.

a) That doesn't remove it from the clustering.
b) Given that:
SCTMBI wrote:
I ve deleted the clussdr chls to qmgr C

nothing much will now help.

SCTMBI wrote:
Wht shall I do?

- Shutdown and delete all 3 queue managers.
- Devote a few quiet hours with a beverage of your choice to read the Clustering manual.
- Rebuild the 3 queue managers.
- Rebuild the cluster following the procedures indicated in the documentation

There comes a point where a cluster becomes hopelessly confused, and starting again is faster & easier than fixing.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

The WMQ Clusters manual (and InfoCenter equivalent) offer step-by-step instructions on creating a cluster. Follow the instructions exactly.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Before creating any clustered queues set up all your cluster channels.

check with runmqsc on both current qmgr and full rep using
Code:
dis clusqmgr(*)
that all qmgrs appear fully connected into the cluster.

If this is not the case, review your cluster receiver and cluster sender channel attributes for the offending qmgr.

Quote:
3)Under runmqsc C qmgr,both the qmgrs A and B r showing as "CLUSQMGR(SYSTEM.TEMPQMGR............"

This is proof that your sdr and rcvr chls are not configured correctly.
If qmgr A is showing as SYSTEM.TEMPQMGR it means that qmgr A sent its cluster information (cluster sender) to the FR but the return from the FR to A was not successful. Among the possibilities:
  • the cluster information on the cluster receiver channel did not match the cluster information on the cluster sender channel
  • The cluster information on the cluster sender / receiver channel did not match the cluster information of the FR:
    The PR said it is member of cluster A but A is not a cluster the FR is a Full Repository for...
  • The FR could not get an auto defined cluster sender channel to run to complete the communication with qmgr A
    This could be due to dns name vs ip problem or any other problem described in the intercommunications manual affecting the channel
    Look in the qmgr logs on both sides why the channels can't communicate

Remember that it is better to use the DNS name than the ip as the ip could change with natting across networks...

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Clustering issue
Jump to: