ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » Connecting to remote queuemanager through websphere mq explo

Connecting to remote queuemanager through websphere mq explo « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Connecting to remote queuemanager through websphere mq explo Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
I installed MQ explorer v7 on my desktop with user id-sct.I was connecting to remote qmgrs on solaris server.I was able to connect to a qmgr A whose mcauser attribute of system.admin.svrconn channel is set to nobody.I browsed and got to know if mcauser is set to nobody,anyone can access to that queuemanager.Is that correct?And also,I connected to another qmgr Bwhose mcauser of svrconn channel is set to mqm.Now,I m having doubt how was I able to connect to qmgr B since my id is sct and not mqm.Can anyone please clear my doubts.I m a newbie and unable to find the reason how cld I connect to qmgr B frm user id- sct?

Thanks in advance
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

MCAUSER always replaces whatever userid is sent by the other end of the channel.

If an MCAUSER is set to the value 'nobody', and this allows you to connect and have full access to the queue manager, it is because there exists a userid on the machine hosting the queue manager named 'nobody' and that userid has full mqm authorities to the queue manager.
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Connecting to remote queuemanager through websphere mq explo Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply.I got it.But when the mcauser is set to mqm and I am trying to connect from another userid(i.e.sct) from my desktop through mq explorer ,how it is getting connected?user id sct doesnt have mqm access since I have installed only mq explorer support pac not mq server.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Connecting to remote queuemanager through websphere mq e Reply with quote

Grand Master

SCTMBI wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply.I got it.But when the mcauser is set to mqm and I am trying to connect from another userid(i.e.sct) from my desktop through mq explorer ,how it is getting connected?user id sct doesnt have mqm access since I have installed only mq explorer support pac not mq server.

You did not understand the word 'replaces'.
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Connecting to remote queuemanager through websphere mq expl Reply with quote

Novice

Ok.........thanks ...got it.........but frm sct user id,I am not only able to connect but also create and delete queues on that queuemanager.so how does user id sct has full authoritites when the mca user is set to mqm?pls pls suggest
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Connecting to remote queuemanager through websphere mq expl Reply with quote

Novice

Also,as u said user nobody has full mqm authorities,I treid the below command on user nobody as below-It seems nobody doesnt have all access whereas mqm has.
Entity nobody has the following authorizations for object GCSXTA03:
inq
connect
dsp
setall

-bash-3.00$ dspmqaut -m GCSXTA03 -t qmgr -p mqm
Entity mqm has the following authorizations for object GCSXTA03:
inq
set
connect
altusr
crt
dlt
chg
dsp
setid
setall
system
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Connecting to remote queuemanager through websphere mq e Reply with quote

Grand Master

SCTMBI wrote:
Ok.........thanks ...got it.........

No, no you DID NOT GET IT.

REPLACES.

SCTMBI wrote:
but frm sct user id

You are not sct user id, as far as the queue manager is concerned.

sct user id HAS BEEN REPLACED.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Connecting to remote queuemanager through websphere mq e Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SCTMBI wrote:
Ok.........thanks ...got it.........but frm sct user id,I am not only able to connect but also create and delete queues on that queuemanager.so how does user id sct has full authoritites when the mca user is set to mqm?pls pls suggest

Again you did not understand the word replaces. Specially for you:

The mcauserId (mqm) replaces ANY user set by the other end of the channel (sct)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » Connecting to remote queuemanager through websphere mq explo
Jump to: