ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » DLQ Behaviour When DLQ Handler is being triggered !

DLQ Behaviour When DLQ Handler is being triggered ! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

shashivarungupta wrote:
I tried to do this way i.e. invoking dlq handler as server service object.(but for testing purpose I kept the control 'manual')

DEFINE SERVICE('dlqhandler') control(manual) servtype(server) descr('dlqhandler as server service') startcmd(runmqdlq) startarg('C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin\RULETEST.RUL') stdout('C:\varun\WMQStuff\Log.txt') stderr('C:\varun\WMQStuff\Err.txt')

where RULETEST.RUL is rule table as an argument to dlqhandler process which contains(I'm testing it on Windows, in rule table has 3rd line as blank line) :

Code:

INPUTQ('DEADQ') INPUTQM('RTEST') RETRYINT(45) WAIT(YES)
REASON(MQRC_Q_FULL) ACTION(FWD) FWDQ(DLQX) FWDQM(RTEST)

When I start this service, it gets started successfully (get logged in qmgr error log) and Ends (get logged in qmgr error log).

Standard Error text file contains (even when I made the Qmgr as Default queue manager on my machine & it has got default dlq 'DEADQ'):
Code:

11/21/2011  19:09:28 AMQ8741: Unable to connect to queue manager.
11/21/2011  19:09:28 AMQ8709: Dead-letter queue handler ending.

another scenario:
when I mention dlq name and qmgr in start argument then I get error "input in flex scanner failed" in standard error text file.
startarg(DEADQ RTEST 'C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin\RULETEST.RUL')

Please suggest !

In the first instance, all you are passing as a start command is the rules file name, and how many inputs does runmqdlq expect as a minimum, when using stdin? In the second instance, why have you quoted the path and rules file name? Did you not study what zpat had provided you? Did you not experiment to see what changing a few things might do?
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

exerk wrote:

In the first instance, all you are passing as a start command is the rules file name, and how many inputs does runmqdlq expect as a minimum, when using stdin?
In the second instance, why have you quoted the path and rules file name? Did you not study what zpat had provided you? Did you not experiment to see what changing a few things might do?

In the first instance start command has runmqdlq not the rule file (which had dlq and qmgr in it) but finally thing which worked for me when I passed queuename and qmgr as separate arguments to dlq handler.
Total four arguments I used for Qname, Qmgr, < , RuleFile.

In the seconds instance, I have experimented a lot. And hence.... my test has now worked successfully !!

Thanks
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

shashivarungupta wrote:
exerk wrote:

In the first instance, all you are passing as a start command is the rules file name, and how many inputs does runmqdlq expect as a minimum, when using stdin?
In the second instance, why have you quoted the path and rules file name? Did you not study what zpat had provided you? Did you not experiment to see what changing a few things might do?

In the first instance start command has runmqdlq not the rule file (which had dlq and qmgr in it) but finally thing which worked for me when I passed queuename and qmgr as separate arguments to dlq handler.
Total four arguments I used for Qname, Qmgr, < , RuleFile.

In the seconds instance, I have experimented a lot. And hence.... my test has now worked successfully !!

Thanks

Doh! I meant startarg - honest!

And for the benefit of future readers, what was your solution?
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

exerk wrote:
Doh! I meant startarg - honest!
I believe you !!

exerk wrote:
..what was your solution?
simply have the authorization in place for user MUSR_MQADMIN (on windows) to read+execute the rule table, the .bat file and over server service object.
Correctly pass on the arguments to runmqdlq.
Also refer
here

{Avoid to have very long absolute path names which contains spaces ' ' in folder names., am not sure whether it would affect your implementation or not on other platforms but it affect mine on windows.}

Thanks

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » DLQ Behaviour When DLQ Handler is being triggered !
Jump to: