ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » MQ Security exit configuration step by step

MQ Security exit configuration step by step « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
joaquini
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: MQ Security exit configuration step by step Reply with quote

Hello team

I have been investigating about Security exits in many information, but I have a problems with the programming theme to understand how to works with MQ connection in client and Server side, do you have a document to show me step by step this integration?
joaquini
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing I want to add

I understand once the C program is done, and a set the policy are established we need to indicate in the channel parameter SCYEXIT and SCYDATA, I try to understand how to link the variables with the MQ C program in order to adjust my solution, but I haven’t have success. My question here is do you have some examples of security exits to fit our solution? Or if I need to follow up other path let me know.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: MQ Security exit configuration step by step Reply with quote

Poobah

joaquini wrote:

I have been investigating about Security exits ...

Where exactly have you been investigating?

Have you read the appropriate portions of the WMQ Application Programming Reference? The WMQ Application Programming Guide? Have you searched Google? What else?
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

joaquini wrote:
I try to understand how to link the variables with the MQ C program in order to adjust my solution, but I haven’t have success. My question here is do you have some examples of security exits to fit our solution? Or if I need to follow up other path let me know.

You need to be aware that exits are an advanced WMQ topic with serious risks attached. A poorly written exit will kill queue manager performance, a badly written exit will kill the queue manager.

You need to be very comfortable with C, have fully read the relevant sections in the APG, reviewed the very helpful information Roger has posted in this forum and be very certain what you're trying to do and why.

Which brings up an important point. You've not said one word why you're trying to write a security exit. So we can't advise you on the path to follow. You need to provide a few details of what you're trying to achieve and why you feel the in-built security features of WMQ (like the SSL support) do not meet your needs to get advice.
joaquini
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your prompt response

this is my situation

I have a doubt in WMQ and I would like to ask it. We are looking for to establish Security in a channel CHLTYPE(SVRCONN), the situation here is, the clients uses java applications (JMS), they normally use the channel (SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN) to connect to queue managers, there is not restrictions in this channel therefore the channel is vulnerable, the client doesn’t send from the client the user and password to connect to the queue manager so that the userid that send is the authenticated user when the client is login to the system.
I did tests using MCAUSER parameter in the new defined channel and it works fine, but the problem here is if someone knows the channel name any other user can access to the MQ objects.
I was investigating a solution that the channel authenticate the user and password, even to restrict the ip-client as well, documentation says that the one of the solution is to use security exits, I was checking this part but this involve C programming and MQ variables, I understand once the C program is done, and a set the policy are established we need to indicate in the channel parameter SCYEXIT and SCYDATA, I try to understand how to link the variables with the MQ C program in order to adjust my solution, but I haven’t have success. My question here is do you have some examples of security exits to fit our solution?

Also according with your comment I will check the programming section and the information I need to read
I know C and a little bit C++, do I need to know more C++?
Thanks a lot
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

joaquini wrote:
they normally use the channel (SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN) to connect to queue managers

Point one - no application should use any SYSTEM object. Define a discrete SVRCONN for each application.

joaquini wrote:
the problem here is if someone knows the channel name any other user can access to the MQ objects.

Point two - the MCAUser should allow access only to the WMQ objects needed by the application in question, and only for the functions it needs (it shouldn't have get authority to a queue it only puts to).

Point three - if you're using SSL they need the correct credentials as well as the channel name.

joaquini wrote:
I was investigating a solution that the channel authenticate the user and password, even to restrict the ip-client as well

Point four - it you want to restrict ports, use BlockIP2.

joaquini wrote:
My question here is do you have some examples of security exits to fit our solution?

No, because using the inbuilt facilities removes the need for such an exit.

IMHO you'll spend much less time and expose yourself to much less risk simply setting your WMQ estate up in accordance with security best practice than you will trying to patch it up with an exit.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

To secure a queue manager using built-in facilities, you do the following thinigs:
  1. create a set of application-level ids on the qmgr box
  2. create a corresponding set of MQ setmqaut profiles to ensure that the relevant applications can only access the objects they need.
  3. create a set of SVRCONN channels for each application.
  4. Set the MCAUSER on each SVRCONN to the relevant application id
  5. set the MCAUSER on all other channels to an ID that does not exist
  6. create an SSL Cert for each application, with a DN that is tied to the application.
  7. set the SSLPEER on each SVRCONN to only match the DN for the application
  8. configure the applications to use SSL with their specific certificate.

No application can connect to the wrong channel. All applications are only allowed to access their own needed resources. All applications are fully identified by the SSL certificate.

You then merely have to have sufficient OS level security and operational security to ensure that the certificates aren't misused by other teams.
joaquini
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Vitor and MqJeff

I will investigate now about the terms I found in your instructions like
SSL (I have not implemented this feature)
BlockIP2
Security Best practices
DN

To implement security
I will leave the exit programs investigation

thanks again
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

joaquini wrote:
I will leave the exit programs investigation

Good plan.

If you decide that the inbuilt faciltities identified above don't meet your requirements, you'd be well advised to recommence your exit program investigation with a pre-written solution such as Roger's before rolling your own. As your wheel may well not roll as well as his.

(Other products are available, no endorsement is intended of any product and no warranty express or implied is accepted for any loss or damage howsoever caused by any product selected as a result, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah)
joaquini
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello team

Im testing the BlockIP but the security exit is rejecting all, even when I say in the SCYDATA all permitted, this is my envirionment and my results

dis chl(TO.CIMQSVCDEV1I)
16 : dis chl(TO.CIMQSVCDEV1I)
AMQ8414: Display Channel details.
CHANNEL(TO.CIMQSVCDEV1I) CHLTYPE(SVRCONN)
ALTDATE(2011-08-19) ALTTIME(10.37.46)
COMPHDR(NONE) COMPMSG(NONE)
DESCR(This is the channel security test)
HBINT(300) KAINT(AUTO)
MAXINST(999999999) MAXINSTC(999999999)
MAXMSGL(4194304) MCAUSER( )
MONCHL(QMGR) RCVDATA( )
RCVEXIT( ) SCYDATA(10.10.10.*; )
SCYEXIT(/var/mqm/exits64/BlockIP2(BlockExit))
SENDDATA( ) SENDEXIT( )
SHARECNV(10) SSLCAUTH(REQUIRED)
SSLCIPH( ) SSLPEER( )
TRPTYPE(TCP)

this is the exception I got from the client

Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.jms.UncategorizedJmsException: Uncategorized exception occured during JMS processing; nested exception is javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for '10.10.10.14:test'; nested exception is com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: An MQException occurred: Completion Code 2, Reason 2009
MQJE016: MQ queue manager closed channel immediately during connect
Closure reason = 2009

at org.springframework.jms.support.JmsUtils.convertJmsAccessException(JmsUtils.java:308)
at org.springframework.jms.support.JmsAccessor.convertJmsAccessException(JmsAccessor.java:168)
at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JmsTemplate.java:474)
at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.send(JmsTemplate.java:548)
at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.send(JmsTemplate.java:534)
at com.ge.trans.b2brouter.JmsService.sendMessage(JmsService.java:41)
at com.ge.trans.b2brouter.SampleJMSClient.main(SampleJMSClient.java:30)
Caused by: javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for '10.10.10.14:test'
at com.ibm.mq.jms.services.ConfigEnvironment.newException(ConfigEnvironment.java:644)
at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQM(MQConnection.java:2591)
at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQMNonXA(MQConnection.java:1936)
at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnection.<init>(MQQueueConnection.java:161)
at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection(MQQueueConnectionFactory.java:222)
at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection(MQQueueConnectionFactory.java:125)
at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory.createConnection(MQQueueConnectionFactory.java:1058)
at org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory.doCreateConnection(SingleConnectionFactory.java:343)
at org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory.initConnection(SingleConnectionFactory.java:290)
at org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory.createConnection(SingleConnectionFactory.java:227)
at org.springframework.jms.support.JmsAccessor.createConnection(JmsAccessor.java:184)
at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JmsTemplate.java:461)
... 4 more

I did many convinations in the parameters SCYEXIT and SCYDATA, according the documentation in the BlockIP, and all is rejecting, when I leave in blank the parameter SCYEXIT I can put messages in my qlocal TEST

I have MQ v 7 fixpack 5, my SO is Linux Red Hat 5.4,
Please any advise is welcome
joaquini
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team

I fix the problem, let me paste the configuration of my channel
dis CHANNEL(TO.CIMQSVCDEV1I)
15 : dis CHANNEL(TO.CIMQSVCDEV1I)
AMQ8414: Display Channel details.
CHANNEL(TO.CIMQSVCDEV1I) CHLTYPE(SVRCONN)
ALTDATE(2011-08-22) ALTTIME(10.49.21)
COMPHDR(NONE) COMPMSG(NONE)
DESCR(This is the channel security test)
HBINT(300) KAINT(AUTO)
MAXINST(999999999) MAXINSTC(999999999)
MAXMSGL(4194304) MCAUSER( )
MONCHL(QMGR) RCVDATA( )
RCVEXIT( )
SCYDATA(FN=/var/mqm/exits/Blockspec.txt;)
SCYEXIT(/var/mqm/exits64/BlockIP2(BlockExit))

SENDDATA( ) SENDEXIT( )
SHARECNV(10) SSLCAUTH(REQUIRED)
SSLCIPH( ) SSLPEER( )
TRPTYPE(TCP)

Thanks a lot for you help,
Lets close this case

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » MQ Security exit configuration step by step
Jump to: