ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Does MQ Series take flat file or XML file or it is just used

Does MQ Series take flat file or XML file or it is just used « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vanijayanthi
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Does MQ Series take flat file or XML file or it is just used Reply with quote

Does MQ Series takes flat file or XML file or it's just used to pass a text messages from 1 system to another.
The system that is publising the message is called MQ CLient and subscriber machine can also be MQSeries client machine with server being in a remote place? is this correct.
Suppose I am recieving customer info in the form of a flat file and I want to convert into XMl file, does MQSeries help me in regards to this. Please explain.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

What have you read that makes you think that there are any restrictions on the contents of MQ Messages?
vanijayanthi
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to understand regarding capstone - credit adjudication process application which takes the customer info from MQ Series and dumps it into the database. This is what I got the message from my ex-colleague. I have a feeling that MQSeries takes flat files converts into XML file which is fed to Capstone and then Capstone dumps this data into the database.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I have no idea what Capstone is.

MQ itself does not make any changes to the contents of messages.

MQ itself does not make decisions based on the contents of the message.

MQ itself does not restrict the contents of messages based on the meaning of the bytes that represent the message.

You may be confusing the operations of WebSphere MQ with the operations of WebSphere Message Broker or of WebSphere ESB.

If you know anything about JMS, you can pretend that MQ is just a JMS Provider.

If you know nothing about JMS, and nothing about any other kind of Message Oriented Middleware, then you should stop what you are doing, and ask your manager or team lead for educational resources. Because you will be entirely out of your depth and causing yourself trouble and your company trouble if you continue without spending your own time trying to learn what you are doing.
vanijayanthi
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about me causing trouble to any company where I don't even work. I am asking to gain knowledge to myself based on the info that I recieved. So relax on this one. Anyways thanks for your help, you have a wonderful day
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

What have you read that suggests this is a place to receive free training?
mvic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

There are very few restrictions on the content of MQ messages.

The restrictions I can think of are when including MQ headers with formats MQHxxxxx. And the message length must be within certain bounds, of course.

But more or less, you are free to put in a message whatever you like.

vanijayanthi, take a look here for an introduction to MQ messages. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.mq.csqzal.doc/fg10560_.htm
vanijayanthi
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the link that you have sent me. I have read through and I get what I needed to know. Happy to know there are still nice people out their:)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Does MQ Series take flat file or XML file or it is just used
Jump to: