ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » using message broker for HA delivery of messages in-sequence

using message broker for HA delivery of messages in-sequence « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
j1
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: using message broker for HA delivery of messages in-sequence Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,

Would it be a valid use of Message broker to deliver messages to one or more instances of a queue in-sequence. i.e supposing I have a task reading from aninstanceof Queue A on Qmgr A. If Qmgr A goes down the failure terminal of that o/p node sends the message to Queue A on Qmgr B and if that also fails the failure terminal of that o/p nodesends to an o/p node pointing to Queue A on Qmgr C and so on...

Could there be any better approaches taken to solving this problem, say using cressida syncquest etc...

Thanks for the feedback
j1
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

or could I just use simple clustering and CLuster priority and netprty to accomplish this. How would I make the cluster channels 'sticky' so that messages are delivered only to one instance of a cluster queue before the other is tried?
fschofer
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Hi,

i have used the queue CLWLPRTY to get messages routed to only one target queue manager in the cluster.

For Details on the cluster workload management algorithm look here
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.mq.csqzah.doc/qc10940_.htm

Regards
Frank

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » using message broker for HA delivery of messages in-sequence
Jump to: