ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » viewing the list of qmgr's from the normal userid

viewing the list of qmgr's from the normal userid « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mercedes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: viewing the list of qmgr's from the normal userid Reply with quote

Hi!

I've assigned the full authorization to the normal userid by using the setmqaut. Still, i cannot see the list of queuemanagers running on the machine by using the command "dspmq"

It's showing the below err msg

AMQ7077: You are not authorized to perform the requested operation

Could anyone help me how to assign the permission to the normal users for executing the "dspmq" command?

Thanks in advance

Sri
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

The setmqaut command does NOT control user access to WebSphere MQ executable programmes. I suggest you read the relevant section in the Info Centre in regard to what setmqaut does, and speak with your System Administrators in regard to granting authority for 'normal' users to issue that command, but my questions are:

1. I assume that by 'normal' user you mean one that is not within the mqm group?
2. Why do 'normal' users need the use of it?
3. What 'full authorization' have you given to the 'normal' userid?
4. What is the platform?
mercedes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Btw, here are my answer for your q's

1. I assume that by 'normal' user you mean one that is not within the mqm group?
Yes, the userid is not included in mqm group

Just for checking the list of qmgr and it's status.

3. What 'full authorization' have you given to the 'normal' userid?
Initially, we thought that the "dis" auth would permit to see the list of qmgrs and it's status. But it didn't work. So for testing further, we have assigned the complete auth (+all)to the normal userid

4. What is the platform?
AIX 5.3

Thanks in advance
Sri
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

mercedes wrote:
Just for checking the list of qmgr and it's status.

OK, so why do they need to check it?

mercedes wrote:
...we have assigned the complete auth (+all)to the normal userid...

I reiterate "...I suggest you read the relevant section in the Info Centre in regard to what setmqaut does, and speak with your System Administrators in regard to granting authority for 'normal' users to issue that command..."

mercedes wrote:
4. What is the platform?
AIX 5.3

Be very, very aware that on UNIX platforms the granting of authorities to principals as opposed to groups results in unintended consequences.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » viewing the list of qmgr's from the normal userid
Jump to: