ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI 2.0.1 upgrade to WMQI 2.1 - ESQL inconsistencies

MQSI 2.0.1 upgrade to WMQI 2.1 - ESQL inconsistencies « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
tchagan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: MQSI 2.0.1 upgrade to WMQI 2.1 - ESQL inconsistencies Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I'm in the process of estimating the migration of 200 message flows from 2.0.1 to 2.1. I've looked at the migration redbook, readme files and installation guides. These do not give much information on potential anomalies for the ESQL between versions. IBM have told me that the ESQL in 2.1 has been "tightened up" so I am expecting that some of the code will not work, but I have been unable to discover what this "tightening up" consists of.

Does anyone have information on this?

thanks in advance
Terry
duffMan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Terry,

I can't help you with the "tightening" specification, however, we had numerous problems while converting Message Flows and Message Sets from v201 to v21.

I can shed some light on a couple of these:

Message Flow
When the output node, in v2.0.1, took the logical tree and mapped it to a CWF it ignored "extra" elements hanging of the logical tree that didn't have a definition in the MRM.
We had a few flows like this where the developer removed an MRM element but didn't remove the ESQL mapping. These worked fine in v2.0.1 but v2.1 didn't like the unmatched logical elements.

Message Sets
When exporting a message set, from v2.0.1 with an extended decimal element. These element default to right justified pad with zero, you can't change this in v2.0.1. We found that when we imported this into v2.1 these became (if I remember correct) left justified pad with nul. (In v2.1 you can change the padding and justification of extended decimal)

This isn't a problem with v2.1 it's a problem with v2.0.1 and has been for quite some time. If you look at the export file from v2.0.1 (the XML) you will notice that the definition for extended decimal are not correct. Even though it appears in v2.0.1 MRM CWF as right pad with zero it gets exported as left pad nul. So naturally when you import this in v2.1 you most likely have a problem.

Hope this doesn't sound too confusing.

As far as a resolution, IBM I believe has a fix for the later, but I never used it as I corrected my message sets manually weeks before a fix was sent to me.

Jason.
tchagan
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Jason,

thanks for this info, very useful. Any more comments are welcome on this issue.

Terry

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI 2.0.1 upgrade to WMQI 2.1 - ESQL inconsistencies
Jump to: