ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » Calling IMS transaction from WPS.

Calling IMS transaction from WPS. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
urvesh_shah
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Calling IMS transaction from WPS. Reply with quote

Hi,

I need to call one IMS transaction on the mainframe from WPS. I will be using the IMS adapter for the same. The request and response (synchronous call) to/from IMS are multi-segment and i need help in understanding how to work with multi-segments with IMS Adapter i.e. how to send and read data in multiple segments. I believe this is different than the message segmentation in MQ. Any guidance and suggestions you can provide in this respect will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Urvesh.
urvesh_shah
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Calling IMS transaction from WPS. Reply with quote

We managed to understand and make this work. The issue we were facing was that we were given cobol copybooks (two - request and response) each containing two 01 level records corresponding to two segments i.e. the request had two message segments and the response also had two message segments. And we weren't sure how IMS/IMS Connect expects the data

We followed the following steps to connect to IMS from WPS:

1. Modified the copybooks - we added a 01 level root element and put the multiple message segments as child elements

2. Added the IMS Resource Adapter as an external service and imported the modified request and response copybooks as input and output while adding the IMS resource adapter. This step should generate the data types (business objects) and the corresponding data binding classes, which necessarily convert the data into bytestream to be sent to the backend

3. Had to modify the input data binding class to comment out/remove one generated condition that requires the length field (on each message segment to be between -9999 and 9999). We had to comment this out as our message segment length was greater than 9999

4. Associate the correct data binding class to the input and output elements of the operation on the resource adapter import (properties)

5. Installed the IMS resource adapter under 'Resource Adapters' in the admin console and defined the connection factory with the relevant connection details (hostname, port, user, passwd)

6. Tested the component successfully

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Urvesh.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » Calling IMS transaction from WPS.
Jump to: