ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » Windows Client V7 to AIX Qmgr v6 via SVRCONN/ssl.

Windows Client V7 to AIX Qmgr v6 via SVRCONN/ssl. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
flaufer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Windows Client V7 to AIX Qmgr v6 via SVRCONN/ssl. Reply with quote

Acolyte

Folks,

I'm kinda stuck here...

This is my setup:

Queue manager 6.0.2.1 on AIX (soon to be upgraded to 7.0.1.3) with a cms holding the queue manager's certificate labeled "ibmwebspheremqQMRNAME" (all in small letters) and the keychain (root CA-intermediate CA-online CA). The qmgrs certificate is signed by the online CA.

Connection using a java client (with client certificate in JKS also signed by online-CA) to a SVRCONN channel works well (filter be OU=).

Now I need to connect a Windows MQ Client (V7.0.1.3) Application running under NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM (Appwatch from BMC) to this particular queue manager.

I've created a kdb, added the three certs from the CA (root-CA, intermediate-CA and online-CA), created a certificate, let the request sign by the online CA and "receive" the certificate into the kdb. This works well.

Now my question is to the required label.

1. I tried some fancy label called ibmwebspheremqappwatch (no appwatch user on either Windows or AIX side). Thought this might work because the Java clients labels also don't match the windows user accounts). No work. First the checking of the CRL failed (http access to the URL mentioned in the certificate DID work). We disabled CRL checking in the mq client ini file. Connection still fails because of the certificate.

2. what label to be used, when the client is running under NT AUTHORIY\SYSTEM ?

3. does the user need to be present on the AIX side, even if we check SSLPEER for OU= ? (MCAUSER will be an existing user with proper OAM privileges).

Felix
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Windows Client V7 to AIX Qmgr v6 via SVRCONN/ssl. Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Don't do this:

flaufer wrote:
...the client is running under NT AUTHORIY\SYSTEM...

But ensure the application runs under an identifiable user that can be validly used within a label name. If that can't be done then check the vendor documentation for how it should be done.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » Windows Client V7 to AIX Qmgr v6 via SVRCONN/ssl.
Jump to: