ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Can't create and check in new message sets

Can't create and check in new message sets « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mmarq
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Can't create and check in new message sets Reply with quote

Acolyte

I've followed by the book creating a new message set and it tells me once I've created the message set, physical formats, elements, compound types and messages that I should check in a single element to trigger everything to be checked in.

I get this if I try to check in a single element or for that matter anything:

BIP0404E The requested resource could not be found either on
the local repository or on the Configuration Manager.

The resource may have been deleted by another user.
The URL was: http://localhost/private/127.0.0.1/MQSI

I have been battling this message for weeks now. I suddenly seem to lose all sense of what is in the repository. I have saved the workspace, everything else is checked in and updated and yet I can't create a new message set (to actually get over another problem that is chronic).

How can I tell what my config mgr thinks I have in the repository for message sets, flows et al?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Melissa
Lisa
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Display Message Sets Reply with quote

Master

Hi,
Download support pac id04. It contains mqsilistmsgset.exe, this application will write out all of your message set.

Good Luck,
Lisa
lung
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Melissa,

You can create an empty workspace (new) and add in your message set to the workspace. Then just right click on any of the items there (elements, messages, types, ...) and select 'add'. You can then see what had being defined in the configuration manager and what's not.

Btw, Lisa... I'm having trouble downloading support pacs from IBM website. I did a search but ended up with no results for most (I think all, actually) of the support pacs I want to download. I'm just wondering if I'm accessing the correct search engine... And key-ed in the correct search phrase. Can you tell me how do you people download support pacs? Hehe...
mmarq
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:10 am    Post subject: Message set prob Reply with quote

Acolyte

I tried that - I do not see them when I try to add them to my workspace. I can add them to compound types for example but it will not allow me to check them in.

Looks like there are duplicates in the MRM repository for these elements.

-M
Lisa
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:47 am    Post subject: website Reply with quote

Master

all,
Here's the website address:
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/txppacs/
lung
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Thanks for the URL, Lisa!

Melissa,

If you cannot see them even if your workspace is empty, then probably they are not in the repository after all. Either you did not check them in when you created them (or you did not create them at all), or they have been deleted.

If everything else doesn't work, maybe you should consider deleting your message set and create a new one
mmarq
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I'm not sure you understand the problem and that is understandable since it is pretty odd. The problem was (I'm happy to report) that I could not create a new element in an existing workspace in an existing or new message set and check it in. In my existing workspace and message set, I had created elements, types and messages and checked everything in no problem. I kept getting what seemed to be a growing problem with the repository with message sets and flows. Every once in a while it the config mgr couldn't resolve a message flow id against the database or a new element against an existing or new message set.

To make a long story short, their was something wrong with the install that I got. New install, no problems. I had been plagued by an endless stream of debugger problems, parser problems and what should have been simple tasks in MQSI were just a mess.

Thanks for your responses.
-Melissa
lung
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Glad to hear you've solved your problem, Melissa. Although I still couldn't get what your problem really is

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Can't create and check in new message sets
Jump to: