ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MYSQL driver problem

MYSQL driver problem « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kavitam
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Connection from Message broker to MYSQL Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All,

I am currently trying to connect to MYSQL using MB esql.

I am able to connect to MYSQL using ODBC drivers on Window machine. However now when I am trying to execute the same on AIX box, this is not working.

The change is we are trying to connect remote MYSQL server. We are using the id which has access to remote server.

Please find below error I am getting.

DatabaseException BIP2322E: Database error: SQL State ''IM003''; Native Error Code '0'; Error Text ''[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Specified driver could not be loaded''. The error has the following diagnostic information: SQL State ''IM003'' SQL Native Error Code '0' SQL Error Text ''[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Specified driver could not be loaded''

Please suggest how to resolve.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

kavitam wrote:
[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Specified driver could not be loaded

So what did you do to make the driver available to the broker?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Connection from Message broker to MYSQL Reply with quote

Grand Master

kavitam wrote:
I am currently trying to connect to MYSQL using MB esql.

MySQL is not a supported database. The only supported ODBC drivers are the DataDirect drivers that ship with Broker.

Also, Mods please split this to it's own new thread as it appears to have nothing to do with the rest of the thread.
kavitam
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi ,
I am able to connect to MYSQL server on AIX box using :isql" command.
But when I am trying to connect using Message flow code, am getting following error.

DatabaseException BIP2322E: Database error: SQL State ''IM003''; Native Error Code '0'; Error Text ''[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Specified driver could not be loaded''. The error has the following diagnostic information: SQL State ''IM003'' SQL Native Error Code '0' SQL Error Text ''[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Specified driver could not be loaded''

Please note that I need to run below export command to run the "isql" command.

export LIBPATH=/usr/local/libexec:/usr/local/samba/lib:/clocal/udb/srvr1387/sqllib/lib64

But this is not working for message flow esql code.
Please provide your views.

I know that MYSQL is not officially supported by IBM, but if we are able to connect through "isql" command on AIX , then I believe we can do through code as well.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Go to v7.0.0.1 and use the Database Extender that will allow you to use ODBC drivers that are not from DataDirect. But review all of the documentation on that to ensure you know the right kinds of drivers required and that there is a version of an ODBC driver for mySQL that works.

Accept otherwise that you probably can't make this work and it will be unsupported even if you do!

Or use JDBC.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MYSQL driver problem
Jump to: