ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Cluster Channels INACTIVE AND RETRYING mode..

Cluster Channels INACTIVE AND RETRYING mode.. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
manishpnp
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Cluster Channels INACTIVE AND RETRYING mode.. Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello All,

Below are the MQ Cluster setup in Windows.

QMGR1 - Listner Running on port 1415 (FR)
QMGR2- Listner Running on port 1414 (FR)
QMGR3- Listner Running on port 1416

Cluster Sender and Receiver Channel created as belows :-

on QMGR1
DEFINE CHANNEL(TO.QMGR1) CHLTYPE(CLUSRCVR) TRPTYPE(TCP) CONNAME('10.74.152.186(1415)') CLUSTER(REFINARY)
DEFINE CHANNEL(TO.QMGR2) CHLTYPE(CLUSSDR) TRPTYPE(TCP) CONNAME('10.74.152.186(1414)') CLUSTER(REFINARY)

on QMGR2
DEFINE CHANNEL(TO.QMGR2) CHLTYPE(CLUSRCVR) TRPTYPE(TCP) CONNAME('10.74.152.186(1414)') CLUSTER(REFINARY)
DEFINE CHANNEL(TO.QMGR1) CHLTYPE(CLUSSDR) TRPTYPE(TCP) CONNAME('10.74.152.186(1415)') CLUSTER(REFINARY)

on QMGR3
DEFINE CHANNEL(TO.QMGR3) CHLTYPE(CLUSRCVR) TRPTYPE(TCP) CONNAME('10.74.152.186(1416)') CLUSTER(REFINARY)
DEFINE CHANNEL(TO.QMGR1) CHLTYPE(CLUSSDR) TRPTYPE(TCP) CONNAME('10.74.152.186(1415)') CLUSTER(REFINARY)

1) All channels are showing "INACTIVE" mode.
2) On QMGR3 - CLUSSDR to TO.QMGR1 is showing "RETRYING" mode.
3) dis clusqmgr(*) is showing properly on QMGR2 and QMGR3 but error on QMGR1 - AMQ8147: WebSphere MQ object not found.
4) This is just a sample cluster and presently not any MQI application is connected to this qmgr and cluster.

Please help with your inputs if above configuration and channels mode is proper or not.

manish
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54417
Double Post !

** Have you been able to resolve the issue which has Subject in other forum ??? "MQ SDR/RCVR Channel Communication Problem"

** Are you able to see QMGR in your system ? Have you tried to remove Qmgr earlier from the cluster ? Have you done something with cluster's default system queues and its data ?

FIRST Tell what all you have done to remove the errors ???
manishpnp
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Shashivarungupta,

Thanks for quick responses.

I found similar post in this forum which perfect match with my requirement.

I removed my earlier queue managers and re-created queue managers and listners on unique port (see below post) as you suggested. Listners was UP and running. I added one more queue managers in the cluster as full repository.

After that, I have setup cluster sender/receiver channel according to the listner port configuration (see below post).

I havn't touch to cluster's default system queues and its data..

Thanks, manish
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

manishpnp wrote:

I found similar post in this forum which perfect match with my requirement.

Isn't it under your name (Original poster) ?

manishpnp wrote:

I removed my earlier queue managers and re-created queue managers and listners on unique port (see below post) as you suggested.

HAve you followed the steps mentioned in the ibm mq cluster manual to remove any queue manager (specially FR in your case) from the cluster ?

manishpnp
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I'm going to close my earlier post.

I followed the steps from Queue manager Cluster manual - Task 5: Removing a queue manager from a cluster..

Below are the steps I followed to remove queue managers from cluster :-
Suspend queue manager
Stop the CLUSRCVR channel
Remove the CLUSRCVR channel
Delete the CLUSSDR channel
Then deleted the queue manager.

Thanks,
manish
sumit
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

shashivarungupta wrote:
Double Post !

** Have you been able to resolve the issue which has Subject in other forum ??? "MQ SDR/RCVR Channel Communication Problem"

** Are you able to see QMGR in your system ? Have you tried to remove Qmgr earlier from the cluster ? Have you done something with cluster's default system queues and its data ?

Looks to me like OP followed the advise given in his previous post and corrected the channel prop. However, I agree. It's still a double post.

manishpnp, use the same post to explain/address all work that you do. If you feel it's in wrong section, request moderator to move it to correct forum.

Coming back to your issue,
Did you check qmgr error logs? What do they suggest?
Check for TEMPQMGR entry details in MQ infocenter and validate your configuration against the details given.
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

sumit wrote:
shashivarungupta wrote:
Double Post !

Looks to me like OP followed the advise given in his previous post and corrected the channel prop.

I believe we take Question OR Contents of Post while making a note of "DoublePost" about it. ( Rather then what has been modified in OP)
Anyways..

manishpnp wrote:

2) On QMGR3 - CLUSSDR to TO.QMGR1 is showing "RETRYING" mode.
...QMGR1 - AMQ8147: WebSphere MQ object not found..

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21132631
check this, and try this out.
But as you said , you deleted the qmgr (ofcourse something being botched up while doing it) because of that only your cluster channel is in retrying.
You didn't mention the status of the channels between the Repository Qmgrs ( That won't be working too ? ) ??
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

If you are doing this on a crash-and-burn test setup, scrap the whole cluster and start again, i.e. just delete all the queue managers, recreate them, and start again with a cluster.

TIPS:
1. Define the CLUSRCVR's in all the queue managers first, before defining the explicit CLUSSDR's - it's a small cluster, so will not take too long, and will obviate any timing issues with the channels.
2. As all the queue managers are on the same box, use 'localhost' instead of the IP Address - it's shorter to type and less prone to typo's.

In general, if you are seeing errors within a channel, look in the logs!
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Or simply you can use MQ Explorer , where it gives GUI to create the Cluster of Qmgrs, it gives the Sequence of Channels to be created first (i.e. cluster receiver qmgr), naming convention of channels b/w qmgrs.
You can use diff. name for qmgrs, cluster for defining the new setup, If you don't want to touch the old setup.
manishpnp
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Yes...QMGR1 is my Full Repository and dis clusqmgr(*) is not showing any output (AMQ8147: WebSphere MQ object not found) and dis chstatus is only showing cluster sender with QMGR2 FR.

runmqsc QMGR1
dis clusqmgr(*)
5 : dis clusqmgr(*)
AMQ8147: WebSphere MQ object not found.

AMQ8417: Display Channel Status details.
CHANNEL(TO.QMGR2) CHLTYPE(CLUSSDR)
CONNAME(10.74.152.186) CURRENT
RQMNAME( ) STATUS(INITIALIZING)
SUBSTATE( ) XMITQ( )

QMGR2 and QMGR3 looks fine.

As exerk suggested, I will scrap the whole cluster and start again as steps mentioned.....Update you on this soon....

Thanks for help.
dpolzer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had recently a CLUSSDR in state INITIALIZING as well (to full repository). telnet worked, so no firewall problem. MQ-config checked and correct. No errors in qmgr log (/var/mqm/qmgrs/<qmgr>/errors) nor global log (var/mqm/error)

Solution:
It turned out, that some semaphores/ shared memory segments got corrupted/ remained in memory since last reset (SIGTERM 15).
We stopped all applications connected to that qmgr, stopped qmgr and removed all remaining semaphores/shared mems by user mqm.

To do so on Unix use
- display with 'ipcs -a' and
- remove with 'ipcrm'

After qmgr start it worked fine again.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Cluster Channels INACTIVE AND RETRYING mode..
Jump to: