ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Watch queues across multiple queue managers

Watch queues across multiple queue managers « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
meaton78
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Watch queues across multiple queue managers Reply with quote

Centurion

We have a XI50 device, and I was wondering if the following scenario is possible. We have a clustered environment, with one application that does not support reply to qmgr. So, there is only one instance of the clustered queue that it puts to, making clustering for this application impossible.

I was wondering if I could have Datapower read a message off of a queue say on QM1 and put it to this application's qmgr. Then have 3 instances of the reply to queue spread across 3 queue managers, so 1 queue on each qmgr. Then have Datapower watch the queue on each qmgr for the reply to the original message. The message might not come back on the same queue manager that was sent from.

I figured if this were possible, I could have a variable that is set when Datapower receives the request that saves the reply to qmgr, and use that variable once I receive the response to route the message to the proper location.

I know this is not a desirable situation, but I am trying to make an application that we can't get rid of a bit more durable. I'm also open to other suggestions.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Watch queues across multiple queue managers Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

meaton78 wrote:
I know this is not a desirable situation, but I am trying to make an application that we can't get rid of a bit more durable. I'm also open to other suggestions.

The right way would be to fix the application you can't get rid of, so that it uses the JMSReplyTo Destination or the ReplyTo qmgr and ReplyTo queue.

Have fun
meaton78
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I know, I know. At the moment, that is way beyond my control. Same story as everyone else...
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

meaton78 wrote:
I know, I know. At the moment, that is way beyond my control. Same story as everyone else...

You could front the app with request reply pattern app.
Say app resides on QM X
so on QM X you create an additional app.
inputq = clustered INQ
outputq = your app inputq
replyq = your app reply q
replytoq = request message replyto information.

All you have done there is front your legacy app with reply request aware application. That application acts like a service app to the outside world (cluster) and as a requester to your legacy app.

Now if the app is outside of "your" control there may be a few additional things that are needed like communications to the controlling party's qmgr....

Have fun
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Watch queues across multiple queue managers Reply with quote

Grand Master

meaton78 wrote:
We have a XI50 device
I was wondering if I could have Datapower read a message off of a queue say on QM1..

Very much possible.

meaton78 wrote:
...and put it to this application's qmgr. Then have 3 instances of the reply to queue spread across 3 queue managers, so 1 queue on each qmgr. Then have Datapower watch the queue on each qmgr for the reply to the original message. The message might not come back on the same queue manager that was sent from.

You can try setting the 'Front Side Handler Settings' and 'Back Side Handler Settings'. You can set MQ or specifically QMgrs at both the ends.
It depends on the Application further 'How & When' its picking the messages from Backend MQ.
For Any Kind of communication between MQ and DP (datapower) you gottu have Services Defined (Say MPG = Multi Protocol Gateway), Policies & Rules ( in MPG).
*IF you won't specify the 'Backend URL' using 'MQHelper' in MPG (Multi Protocol Gateway) then DP would give error.

Apologies for giving the life to the old post But wanted to share related info.

Have fun.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Watch queues across multiple queue managers
Jump to: