ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Can you deploy mulitple queue managers ?

Can you deploy mulitple queue managers ? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
AlexeiSkate
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:34 am    Post subject: Can you deploy mulitple queue managers ? Reply with quote

Centurion

I have two queue managers defined, QM_1 and QM_2. QM_1 uses the default port 1414 and hosts the configuration manager. QM_2 uses the port 1415. I've been defining message flows and executing them fine under QM_1. Right now I have a new msg flow that I want to deploy to an execution group defined to a broker with QM_2 as its queue manager. I get the following error message
"An attempt was made to deploy configuration data to one or more brokers. The MQSeries queue manager QM_2 associated with broker QM_2_BK is not known to the Configuration Manager's MQSeries queue manager. The deploy operation was not performed."

Does anyone have an idea as to why I might be getting the above error message ?

thanks,
Alex
sam_mq
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

hey!!!
I guess this is what ur doing...
You have created a conf. mgr u queue manager QM_1 , and created a broker BR_1. so in ur control center u have a broker BR_1 and u have assigned a msg flow to BR_1 and deployed it works fine.
say, now when u created BR_2 using QM_2 and assign a new msg flow to BR_2 it gives error, 'cos u need to create channel inbetween QM_1(configuration QM_1) and QM_2.

anyone, pl. correct me if i'm wrong

Thanks
Sam
AlexeiSkate
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi Sam,

Why would you think I need to create a channel between QM_1 and QM_2 ? My intention was to define two distinct queue managers, each with its own broker and message flows. I use QM_1 for development on Project A, and I use QM_2 for development on Project B. My current scenario has both queue managers under the same Configuration Manager, and the default queue mngr for the config mngr is also QM_1. Would this pose a problem when I attempt to deploy a message for a broker under QM_2 ? Do I need to define QM_2 under a different Configuration Manager?
sam_mq
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

See if u want to have multiple brokers, u know we need to have unique QM for each broker, as broker can't share a queue manager . Only a single broker can share a QM with the conf. mgr. and i guess even u know we can have only one Configuration Manager and its configuration manager queue manager can't be shared by second broker queue manager directly, so u need to create channels inbetween these two queue managers ie. conf.mgr.QM and second broker QM...

hey, i'm new to MQ... but this what my understanding...
Lisa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Queue Mgrs Reply with quote

Master

Hi All,
You need the channel connection for the ConfigMgr, which is assigned to QM_1.

The ConfigMgr will send and receive data to/from the Broker assigned to QM_2.

Good luck!

Lisa
sam_mq
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

hye lisa,

ur right that's what i'm trying to say.... is there anything wrong i mentioned above

thanks
Sam
sgopal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Please review my understanding:

Can i have the following setup:
Configuration manager (CM1), installed and configured in the Windows NT environment.

Queue manager QM1 can be created on NT and associated with configuration manager.
Broker BK1 can be created in UNIX and Queue manager QM2 is associated with it.

Control center talks to Config manager with MQ client and server mode. Broker in order to communicate with config manager, channels must be defined between queue manager QM1 and QM2.

Another broker BK2 can be created in another UNIX box with queue manager QM3 and config manager CM1 can serve that broker also.

Thanks.
Lisa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:59 am    Post subject: Queue Mgrs Reply with quote

Master

Sam_mq,
You are correct!

sgopal,
You can have the following set-up. Please remember that the
ConfigMgr(QM1) needs to communicate with the new broker (BK2 on QM3). Hence, you need sender and receiver channels defined between the QMgrs.

Lisa
AlexeiSkate
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hello,

I've defined the transmissions queue and sender and receiver channels for both of my queue managers but am still having problem deploying.
I have two queue managers: QMNGR1, QMNGR2
The Config Manager queue manager: QMNGR1
Two brokers, one for each queue manager, respectively: BRK1, BRK2

The transmission Q, sender channel, and receiver channel defined for QMNGR1 are the following:
> define qlocal('QMNGR2') usage(xmitq) replace

> define channel('QMNGR1_TO_QMNGR2') chltype(sdr) trptype(tcp) conname('MQSISYS1(1415)') xmitq('QMNGR2')

>define channel('QMNGR2_TO_QMNGR1') chltype(rcvr) trptype(tcp) replace

The transmission Q, sender channel, and receiver channel defined for QMNGR2 are the following:
> define qlocal('QMNGR1') usage(xmitq) replace

> define channel('QMNGR2_TO_QMNGR1') chltype(sdr) trptype(tcp) conname('MQSISYS1(1414)') xmitq('QMNGR1')

>define channel('QMNGR1_TO_QMNGR2') chltype(rcvr) trptype(tcp) replace

When I try to deploy messages under BRK2, I'm getting the deployment error "MQSeries queue manager QMNGR2 associated with broker BRK2 is not known to Configuration Manager MQSeries queue manager." and that I must either (a) have a queue manager alias definition for queue manager QMNGR2 or (b) have a transmission queue called QMNGR2 defined to the Configuration Manager's queue manager. I assumed that I had already done step (b) with the transmission queue definition that I did above.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Alex
AlexeiSkate
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I've deleted the broker BRK2 via the control center. I went to the DOS prompt and recreate it using the command >mqsicreatebroker BRK2 -i **** -a **** -q QMNGR2 -n MQSIBKDB. I then went into the control center's Topology view and create the broker with the same name of BRK2 in order for the Config Manager to be able to reference it. I'm not getting the error message "...QMNGR2 associated with broker BRK2 is not known to configuration manager MQSeries queue manager" , but I still can't deploy messages in BRK2.

I'm getting "unable to deploy configuration data. An attempt was made to deploy configuration data t oone or more brokers, but the configuration manager is already deploying to broker BRK2. You cannot deploy to a set of brokers if there is an earlier deploy outstanding to any broker in the set. The deploy operation was not performed."

Can I have more than one deployment under the same Configuration Manager ?
sam_mq
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

If any deployment is outstanding, u can't deploy the configuratin data... i guess we can't deploy more than one deployment under the same Configuration Manager. you get into Configuration Mgr Database, delete csection = depling in the CBROKER table. then u can deploy ur data successfully.

good luck!!!
TonyD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

I think it shoudl be 'dpling'?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Can you deploy mulitple queue managers ?
Jump to: