ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Can i change the name of the listener while it is running?

Can i change the name of the listener while it is running? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
skrv
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Can i change the name of the listener while it is running? Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,

We have MQ at 7.5.0.3 version on Solaris and Linux servers.

I have queue manager listener name as "LISTENER" and port assigned is 1424.

I need to change the name of the listener to "LISTENER.TCP" and port will be same.

So for doing this name change, should i stop the listener, make the name change and then start the listener?

or

I can make the name change while it is running?

thanks
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You can't rename MQ objects. You have to stop them, delete them and create them with new names.

Or you could create the listener with a new name on the same port, in a stopped status, and then stop the old one, start the new one, and delete the old one.

This will limit the time of unavailability.

Also, stopping the listener will *not* interrupt existing connections, merely prevent new connections from being made.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Can i change the name of the listener while it is running?
Jump to: