ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » SYSTEM.ADMIN.QMGR.EVENT and authority events

SYSTEM.ADMIN.QMGR.EVENT and authority events « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: SYSTEM.ADMIN.QMGR.EVENT and authority events Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I am implementing better security on my queue managers (and removing mqm from the channel's mcauser).

I want to see any 2035 events so I can check if my setmqaut settings are correct, so I enabled authority events.

Some messages are on SYSTEM.ADMIN.QMGR.EVENT and with the handy MO71 tool I can format them like this

Quote:
Command :44 (QMgr Event)
Reason :2035 (Not authorized.)
Parameter Id :2015 (QMgr Name)
Value :'XXXXXX '
Parameter Id :1020 (Reason Qualifier)
Value :4 [0x'4'] MQRQ_CMD_NOT_AUTHORIZED
Parameter Id :1021 (Command)
Value :13 [0x'D'] MQCMD_INQUIRE_Q
Parameter Id :3025 (User Identifier)
Value :'yyyyyyyy '

However the queue name being inquired against is not shown in the message!

This is not terribly useful - all I know is the queue manager (duh) and the userid.

Any ideas how to find out the object name causing the 2035 (apart from asking the user of course)?

Last edited by zpat on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

zpat,

Set the MQS_REPORT_NOAUTH environment variable and restart your queue manager. More detailed info on it can be found HERE, and also THIS one may be of help to you.

EDIT: Having re-read your post - I find the Events and Statistics plug-in for MQExplorer is quite useful.
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Thanks - very useful.

Shame IBM didn't enhance the message though.
crossland
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

exerk wrote:
zpat,

Set the MQS_REPORT_NOAUTH environment variable and restart your queue manager. More detailed info on it can be found HERE, and also THIS one may be of help to you.

EDIT: Having re-read your post - I find the Events and Statistics plug-in for MQExplorer is quite useful.

Has anyone come across a similar technique on iSeries?
mvic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: SYSTEM.ADMIN.QMGR.EVENT and authority events Reply with quote

Jedi

zpat wrote:
However the queue name being inquired against is not shown in the message!

You appear to have a "Not Authorized (type 4)" message

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.mq.csqzax.doc/mo12000_.htm

A queue name is not applicable to this event message.
crossland
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

The queue name that was used in the display command would be a useful bit of information to add to the event message. The iSeries admin guide states the following:

Quote:

To process the DSP commands you must grant the user *connect and *admdsp authority to the queue manager, together with any specific option listed:
* DSPMQMQ, Display WebSphere MQ Queue – *admdsp to the queue

As the userid has *connect and *admdsp for the queue manager, it would be helpful if I could see which queue should have *admdsp.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

It would have to be more generic than the queue name.

Since the error in question is that you attempted to run a PCF command that you are not authorized to run, and this command might not actually involve any queue at all, merely adding a queue name is the wrong choice.

Adding the object name of the PCF command, however, is a good idea. So if you're not allowed to delete channels, then it could tell you what channel you tried to delete. Or if you're not allowed to define services, it could tell you the name of the service that you tried to define.

But you probably need to open a requirement to get that changed.
crossland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Totally agree with mqjeff about his last post.

The cause of the event messages is peculiar. An application is running on a remote queue manager and connecting to a receiver channel with a MCA userid. That userid has *CONNECT and *ADMDSP authorities for the queue manager and *ADMDSP for all queues.

The event messages give a reason of 'Not Authorised: Command' with the command being 'DISPLAY QUEUE'.

Would be very grateful for any suggestions on how to resolve this.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

crossland wrote:
Totally agree with mqjeff about his last post.

The cause of the event messages is peculiar. An application is running on a remote queue manager and connecting to a receiver channel with a MCA userid. That userid has *CONNECT and *ADMDSP authorities for the queue manager and *ADMDSP for all queues.

The event messages give a reason of 'Not Authorised: Command' with the command being 'DISPLAY QUEUE'.

Would be very grateful for any suggestions on how to resolve this.

No authorizations to the qmgr's pcf input queue or reply to model queue...
crossland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

The application involved issues a DISPLAY QUEUE on all queues; the problem is with SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE.

The Security manual states, under "How access control is implemented by WebSphere MQ on UNIX systems and Windows":

Quote:
The OAM maintains an access control list (ACL) for each resource that it controls. Authorization data is stored on a local queue called SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE. Access to this queue is restricted to users in the mqm group, and additionally on Windows, to users in the Administrators group, and users logged in with the SYSTEM ID. User access to the queue cannot be changed.

Does a similar concept apply on iSeries? If so, is there any way to grant the MCA user *ADMDSP to SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE? GRTMQMAUT reports that the queue doesn't exist when you try to grant access to SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE. As you can imagine, I am reluctant to give super access to the MCA userid.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

crossland wrote:
the problem is with SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE.

The application needs to stop trying to issue DISPLAY QUEUE on this queue, or be running as mqm.

Since this is the queue that holds and controls OAM information, it's a special case queue for OAM security....
crossland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

It gets weirder - there was a fix to allow you to set these privileges on 6.0.2.8:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171&uid=swg1IZ52608

And this queue manager is 6.0.2.9.

Yet the following is produced:

GRTMQMAUT OBJ(SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE) OBJTYPE(*Q) USER(...) AUT(*ADMDSP) MQMNAME(...)
WebSphere MQ authority granted.

RFRMQMAUT MQMNAME(...)
WebSphere MQ security cache refreshed.

DSPMQMAUT OBJ(SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE) OBJTYPE(*Q) USER(...) MQMNAME(...)
WebSphere MQ object SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE not found.
Error found on DSPMQMAUT command.

Authorisation events are still being produced after these commands were executed.
crossland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Apparently, this works when setmqaut is issued from qshell, but not using GRTMQMAUT (an APAR has been raised to resolve this: SE46973).

The problem that I have is when I issue setmqaut from the qshell, I get the following error:

Code:

$       
> /qsys.lib/qmqm.lib/setmqaut.pgm -m <mgr> -t q -p <id> -n SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE +dsp   
  00000893 |AMQ0893| |WebSphere MQ was unable to display an error message for message id hexadecimal %6, with inserts %1, %2, %3, %
  4 and %5.

$           

Any suggestions on what needs to be done, to issue setmqaut from qshell? For queues other than SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE, GRTMQMAUT works fine and dspmqver works within qshell.
crossland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Fixed it. If anyone else encounters this problem, the solution is:

1)Ensure *PUBLIC has *USE authority to the DSPMQMQ command

2)Grant *CONNECT and *ADMDSP authority to the queue manager:
GRTMQMAUT OBJ(<qmgr>) OBJTYPE(*MQM) USER(<user>) AUT(*CONNECT *ADMDSP) MQMNAME(<qmgr>)

3)Replace the GRANT to the Q with the SET command as follows:
Instead of issuing
GRTMQMAUT OBJ(SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE) OBJTYPE(*Q) USER(<user>) AUT(*ADMDSP) MQMNAME(<qmgr>)

Do this instead:
STRQSH
export QIBM_MULTI_THREADED=Y
/qsys.lib/qmqm.lib/setmqaut.pgm -m <qmgr> -t q -p <user> -n SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE +dsp
Press F3

4)RFRMQMAUT MQMNAME(<qmgr>)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » SYSTEM.ADMIN.QMGR.EVENT and authority events
Jump to: