ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Channel Security Exit

Channel Security Exit « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
amar
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:05 am    Post subject: Channel Security Exit Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,
We are using MQ5.2 & MQSI 2.1.
Our Application needs to encrypt the messages(for Security reasons),
I looked IBMRedBook MQSeries Security,but it is specifically mentioned only C langulage details of Security Channel Exits,but our client is JAVA, For that any exmples..
can any one help me

amar
Bill57
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:30 am    Post subject: Channel Security exits Reply with quote

Apprentice

My understanding is Server side channel security exits need to be in C, but I am not clear on the client side.

But, if it is encryption you want to do, you cannot do that whit the security exit facility. This is because the Security Exit is called before any data is tranfered across the cannel. Security Exits are th AUTHENTICATE that the two MCA are really who they claim to be, and not an intruder. The "out of the box" security exit MQSeries provides for this uses the DCE security API to do this. Of course that means you have to configure DCE on your platform to use it! To encrypt the actual data, you need to use the Message Exit.

Cheers
Bill
amar
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Bill
Thanks for your replay,But how to implement DCE API to my programs and also Configuration? i am using JAVA API classes for my application.
Can u give some more detail...

amar
Bill57
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I have never set up a DCE environment so, I can't be of much help there. Take a look at the Intercommunication manualchapter 35 for details on how DCE works.

Also, in the sample programs folder in your MQSeries directory structure, you will find a file called amqsdsc0.c it the DCE security API calls in it. And keep in mind, I have heard the server side channel exit MUST be written in C. I am not completely sure that is true, and I don't know why, but you should look into that. It may have to do with speed, but because a Security exit is not called often, I doubt thats it.

And one more thing. You dont have to use DCE for your exit. You could, for example, simply have the two exits exchange a user Id and password combination to authenticate the channels. Now, thats not as secure as certificats, or tolkens, but it's better than nothing.

Good Luck
Bill

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Channel Security Exit
Jump to: