ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » "Unsupported Resource Adapter"

"Unsupported Resource Adapter" « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hopsala
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: "Unsupported Resource Adapter" Reply with quote

Guardian

Hey there,

I've been trying to write a new adapter using the Websphere Adapters Toolkit (the functionality i'm interesting in isn't supplied by the adapters which come with the basic installation). I'm working on WID 6.2.0.1, Websphere Adapters Toolkit 6.2, on Windows XP.
So I create a new connector project, and select websphere adapters, a WPS runtime, and only "outbound processing" from the code generation list. In my module project, I right click the Assembly Diagram and click "New" and "External Service". I select "Unlisted Adapter" from the list, and then the connector project. The result is the message "Unsupported Resource Adapter".
The strange thing is that when I try to create a new External Service for the Visual Test Adapter (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/downloads/wat/) using the same process, it works fine. I have an MQ to Test Adapter flow up and running.

This might have something to do with the adapter RAR file, which I'm not sure how I'm supposed to create. For the time being, I simply click "Export" and create the RAR file under the Connector Project directory. But having or not having a RAR file doesn't seem to affect the aforementioned error message.

I haven't been able to find any information concerning the error message, or a step-by-step guide on how to create an adapter project from scratch (there are plenty of guides on how to create an adapter from an existing RAR file). Has anyone come across this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Hop
hopsala
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

Bump.

I have since found a section in the Websphere Adapter Toolkit User Guide describing the creation of a sample adapter, which involves manually creating an .import and service-discovery.xml file. This is pretty cumbersome, to say the least, and I can't figure why or how to write a service-discovery file if I don't need EMD features. Is this really the way to create a new adapter?

Anyone?
cherubiel
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

You need to generate the EMD stub classes and implement them (discovery-service.xml, ra.xml etc have to be complete) if you need to run the EMD wizard.

Otherwise, like you correctly noted, all the SCA artifacts (import/export files, BO schemas with ASI and others) need to be manually written.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » "Unsupported Resource Adapter"
Jump to: