ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Difference b/w XMLNS and XMLNSC parser.

Difference b/w XMLNS and XMLNSC parser. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
nikhilsharma
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Difference b/w XMLNS and XMLNSC parser. Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi...

Please resolve the following query :

a) In Websphere Message Broker what is the difference between XMLNS and XMLNSC parser.
b) When should we use XMLNS and when XMLNSC.

Thanks With Regards
Nikhil
nvenkatesh
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

nikhilsharma wrote:
a) In Websphere Message Broker what is the difference between XMLNS and XMLNSC parser.

XMLNSC has performance improvement over XMLNS and uses less memory.
nikhilsharma wrote:
b) When should we use XMLNS and when XMLNSC.

Its detailed in the below link
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v6r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ad70530_.htm

More differences between XMLNS and XMLNSC can be found in the below link
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v6r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac26040_.htm

Thanks,
Venkatesh
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You should use XMLNSC wherever you can.
nikhilsharma
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

mqjeff wrote:
You should use XMLNSC wherever you can.

I agree...but one should have clear in his mind Where XMLNSC should be used and where XMLNS....just using anything unanimously won't clear the concept....am i right !!!!!!!!
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

nikhilsharma wrote:
am i right !!!!!!!!

No. You should always use XMLNSC. There's no reason to use XMLNS (or even worse XML) any more.
kimbert
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

The infocenter gives all the information that you need.
Use XMLNSC unless you can explain, with reference to the infocenter, why you need to use XMLNS.
broker_new
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

it's better take out or disable the XML/ XMLNS parser option from the toolkit...

In that way you can by default impel us to rely on XMLNSC parser.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

broker_new wrote:
it's better take out or disable the XML/ XMLNS parser option from the toolkit...

Then how would we maintain existing flows?
If I were to change the parser from say XML to XMLNSC on a flow that was first developed for broker 2.0.1 back in 2002/3, it would have to go through a complete set of regression tests lasting 2-3 months (elapsed). The powers that be in this case would not be very happy.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Vitor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

broker_new wrote:

Like many options there's that 0.01% chance you'll need to use XMLNS so the option should remain. Also (as my associate points out) there's a huge raft of existing flows that would need to be edited & tested if this sledgehammer is used to crack this nut.

Much easier to incorporate a check for these unwanted domains into the existing procuedures you use for QAing broker code. Because all your code is checked like this isn't it?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

smdavies99 wrote:
broker_new wrote:

Then how would we maintain existing flows?
If I were to change the parser from say XML to XMLNSC on a flow that was first developed for broker 2.0.1 back in 2002/3, it would have to go through a complete set of regression tests lasting 2-3 months (elapsed). The powers that be in this case would not be very happy.

If that flow has remained substantially unchanged since it was first developed, there are almost certainly a fair to large number of business requirements that it is not meeting, because they have arisen since it was built seven years ago. So it almost certainly needs to be reexamined top to bottom, and rebuilt with additional functionality - which also requires regression testing lasting 2-3 months.
broker_new
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

What i really meant was as you migrate to the new version
any how you need to migrate the things to new version..

why don't you change the parser to XMLNSC as part of it? which can be included in the same testing with no additional cost.
Jimmy3
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Ok, already there has been some debate whether or not we should include 'only' the XMLNSC parser, or the others as well, my definite answer would be yes - all the three.

This is out of practical experience I had whilst developing flows. Existing ,essages, which are really not namepace oriented or SOAP based have difficulties to be parsed with XMLNS. So we need the XML.

XMLNS, well ideally we should be using XMLNSC always, but some cases I have seen parser complains to work with a well formed message, that has namespace. Not sure of this reason though, but switching back to XMLNS makes it work! So we need all of them currently, and future years to come.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Jimmy3 wrote:
Ok, already there has been some debate whether or not we should include 'only' the XMLNSC parser, or the others as well, my definite answer would be yes - all the three.

This is out of practical experience I had whilst developing flows. Existing ,essages, which are really not namepace oriented or SOAP based have difficulties to be parsed with XMLNS. So we need the XML.

XMLNS, well ideally we should be using XMLNSC always, but some cases I have seen parser complains to work with a well formed message, that has namespace. Not sure of this reason though, but switching back to XMLNS makes it work! So we need all of them currently, and future years to come.

No. XMLNSC is the only parser you should be deploying any flows with, unless as stated you can specifically point to something in the InfoCenter that says "XMLNSC can't parse this particular part of this particular message for this particular reason."

If you have unexplained errors with well-formed messages when using XMLNSC, then either your message is *not* well-formed or you need to open a PMR.
kimbert
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
Details please. What 'difficulties'?
Quote:
XMLNS, well ideally we should be using XMLNSC always, but some cases I have seen parser complains to work with a well formed message, that has namespace.
Same again. I would be *very* surprised if XMLNSC was rejecting a well-formed message. As mqjeff says, if you can prove it, you should raise a PMR.
Mut1ey
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Quote:
Tip: If you require message tree to conform as closely as possible to the XML data model, perhaps because you are using certain XPath expressions to access the message tree, use the XMLNS domain.

I would say that the above is one reason why you would use XMLNS over XMLNSC.

Just my 2peneth.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Difference b/w XMLNS and XMLNSC parser.
Jump to: