ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Support Pac WA05 Java UPES for MQWF is utilizing 80-90% CPU

Support Pac WA05 Java UPES for MQWF is utilizing 80-90% CPU « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Pats21
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Support Pac WA05 Java UPES for MQWF is utilizing 80-90% CPU Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi All,

We are using the Java UPES support pac for MQWF (WA05).
This is a framework which needs to be deployed onto the WAS and can be customised as needed.

We have deployed this code onto our WAS server and is running on a WAS server instance which is dedicated only for this app.
We are facing a issue with this though.
This application works perfectly fine in our production environment.
However, when we move to our DR environment the server instance on which this app is deployed starts utilising 80-90% CPU.
I cannot understand why this is happening.

Our product and the application is installed on the SAN which gets moved across when we switch to DR servers.
Which means that most of the settings on the WAS and the app are exactly the same.
The server specs in terms of CPU and memory is also the same.

I know that most of your reactions would be that there is some issue with the DR servers itself.

I would like to know how can i trace what is giving an issue.
I have gone through the WAS servers instance level logs, but no luck.
Is there a way I can trace the app log ??

We are running WASv5.1, MQWF v3.6 CSD3 on Solaris 9.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Regards,
Pats ...
hos
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Hi,

first of all: if you are on MQWF 3.6 there is no need to use the SupportPac.
With release 6 the UPES framework is integrated into the product. Means: make sure that you use the latest version of the framework in order to get all fixes.

Second: I suggest to analyze your Java application that is driven by the framework. Enter debugging/tracing statements and verify that the application is doing what you expect.

You can get additional information about what is going on with your UPES activity when you check MQWF's audit log. Otherwise I can only refer to WAS standard problem resolving techniques, as this is not a specific MQWF issue.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Support Pac WA05 Java UPES for MQWF is utilizing 80-90% CPU
Jump to: