ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » External Data Source Error

External Data Source Error « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mustang
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: External Data Source Error Reply with quote

Acolyte

WMB 6.0 on Windows

I have a compute node with the Data source property configured. The ESQL in the compute node calls a function that uses the data source. The function is in a different schema and a different project. The project is properly referenced, and the schema is in the path statement.

When I build the bar file manually with the toolkit, it works fine. But when it is built in our integration build process using the mqsicreatebar.exe command, we get the following error:

"No external data source specified for this node.

An attempt was made to access an external database table, but no database inputs have been specified for this Compute, Filter or Database node.

Correct the syntax of your ESQL expression in node ''common.routines.setLookupTables'', around line and column ''29.47'', then redeploy the message flow: Add database inputs for each table that is accessed, and redeploy the message flow."

If you open up both bar files (the one created in the toolkit and the one created using the command line) in the toolkit, they both show the node as having the data source set for that node.

Any ideas? We suspect the error message is misleading.

Thanks!
elvis_gn
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Hi mustang,

In your bar files, compare the function that uses the data source...

Regards.
mustang
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I compared the functions, and they are the same.
Compare: (<)D:\Projects\Common\Caching\Toolkit.txt (3244 bytes)
with: (>)D:\Projects\Common\Caching\Build.txt (3244 bytes)

The files are identical

The odd thing is we did a trace on the build bar file, and the database IS called from the node, and the data IS loaded into the shared variable. It appears the exception occurs on the next node, which does not have or need a configured data source. It does not do a database call or call any function. It just copies the InputBody to an environmental variable.

Just to clarify, the source code is the same. If I build it using the toolkit, the above does not happen. It only occurs when we build it using the command line executable.

Thanks!
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

It does seem odd that the Toolkit compile would work where mqsicreatebar doesn't.

Is it possible that the two are at different fix levels?

In general, if ESQL loads a schema in a compute node, and *any* function in that schema uses a database, then the compute node needs to have a datasource configured on it.

What you may be seeing is carry-over from the previous node, if the two nodes are in the same schema. That is, that mqsicreatebar isn't recompiling the schema that both compute node Main functions are in, so the second one still needs a datasource because the whole schema loaded a function that needs a datasource.
mustang
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Quote:

I believe you may have solved it. I just ran mqsicreatebar on my machine to create the bar file, and it appears to work properly. I will update the fix level of our build server, and build the bar from there again.

Thanks!
mustang
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Quote:

Just to clarify, the above suggestion did resolve the issue.

Thanks!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » External Data Source Error
Jump to: