ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Trigger Monitor cannot start Application on AS/400

Trigger Monitor cannot start Application on AS/400 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ctracy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Trigger Monitor cannot start Application on AS/400 Reply with quote

Hi There,

I am working on MQSeries v5.2 on both AS/400v4r5 and v5r1. I have configure my processes to trigger a specific application but somehow it doesn't start the application although the InitQ has been cleared. Here is the process configuration:

Display MQM Process

Queue manager name . . . . . . : MLA.QM
Process name . . . . . . . . . : EVENT.MONITOR
Text 'description' . . . . . . :
Application type . . . . . . . : *OS400
Application identifier . . . . : EMLIB/TEST1
User data . . . . . . . . . . : *BLANK
Environment data . . . . . . . : *BLANK
Last alter date . . . . . . . : 2002-08-21
Last alter time . . . . . . . : 16.43.06

The queue, A that uses the process is define with the InitQ, TRIGGER.Q and this process EVENT.MONITOR. The TRIGGER.Q is defined with TRIGGER(*ALL)

I put one message into queue A, and in the dspjoblog of the RUNMQTRM shows:
MQSeries job number 367 started.
MQSeries trigger monitor started.
Waiting for a trigger message
SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(EMLIB/TEST1) PARM('TMC 2A
End of application trigger.
Waiting for a trigger message

This shows that the trigger has started. However the is no indication that the TEST1 application failed to start.

What could be wrong? I have proper user authorisation as far as I am aware of since I can define queues, processes etc.

Please advice.
ballplayer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I think I have seen this problem before. It might be that your EMLIB/TEST1 is not handling parameters. If you notice, from your log, MQSeries attaches PARM('TMC 2A....') within the SBMJOB which represents the data on the trigger message. To me, this sounds like EMBLIB/TEST1 needs to be modified to pick up and ignore any parameters. Or you can write a CL wrapper to call your program without the extra parameters.

From the command line, issue the command: SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(EMLIB/TEST1) PARM('TMC')). If there is an error message, then this is the cause.
zubin_s
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I start explaining how Trigger monitor works, I assume that the Trg mntr is your home grown program.

Trigger monitor program needs to be running (monitoring the initiation queue) in the background before you put messages to the queue.
Once a message is recieved, the trig monit which is doing basically an MQGET with wait , should call the application name (TC2AI) from the MQTMC2 data structure which you define in the Trig monitor program and pass the queue name (TC2QN) and the queue manger name (TC2QMN) as the parameters.

D MQTMC2 DS
I/COPY CMQTMC2G

Copy member CMQTMC2G can be found in QRPGLESRC in QMQM library.

Once you are in the application program - which is another RPGLE, open that queue and do an MQGET . This way you will be able to spawn multiple instances of your application program for the Trigger *every scenario.

Although I would suggest that you have Trigger *frist on the triggered queue and then it spawns only one instance wherein you can continue to do MQGET until all the messages are read (RC2033) .

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Trigger Monitor cannot start Application on AS/400
Jump to: