ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Can MQFTE do SFTP?

Can MQFTE do SFTP? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqarc
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Can MQFTE do SFTP? Reply with quote

Can MQFTE do SFTP.If not, what can be done to achieve SFTP?
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Quote:
Can MQFTE do SFTP

Have you read anything about MQFTE? I assume not, otherwise you would not raise that question. Go and read about MQFTE, then return with your (new) questions.
PeteVerdon
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

FTE doesn't directly do anything with SFTP - as Mr Butcher implies, they're kind of different worlds. However, the recently-announced version 7.0.1 includes highly-integrated scripting support using Ant, which can be used (via the cURL library) to interact with existing SFTP servers. I haven't used this myself, so can't offer any more details, but I know it has been done. Of course, the FTE benefits of reliability etc don't apply to the SFTP leg.

7.0.1 announce letter here

Pete
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

PeteVerdon wrote:
FTE doesn't directly do anything with SFTP - as Mr Butcher implies, they're kind of different worlds. However, the recently-announced version 7.0.1 includes highly-integrated scripting support using Ant, which can be used (via the cURL library) to interact with existing SFTP servers. I haven't used this myself, so can't offer any more details, but I know it has been done. Of course, the FTE benefits of reliability etc don't apply to the SFTP leg.

7.0.1 announce letter here

Pete

Thanks for the update Pete. I believe we were more leaning towards the fact that if your MQFTE legs use SSL ....
PeteVerdon
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

FTE uses MQ for all its communications, and MQ channels can have SSL enabled. So yes, all FTE traffic can be encrypted if that's what you want.

This page: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqfte/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.wmqfte.admin.doc/ssl.htm describes using SSL on the client channels used to connect an agent to its queue manager (if the queue manager is on a different machine - if on the same machine you'd use a "bindings" connection). You would also want to enable SSL on the channels between queue managers - this is a standard MQ task and nothing to do with FTE. See the MQ infocenter here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.mq.csqzas.doc/sy11550_.htm

Pete

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Can MQFTE do SFTP?
Jump to: