ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » bipconfigmgr.exe is vanishing from TaskManager window

bipconfigmgr.exe is vanishing from TaskManager window « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqxplorer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: bipconfigmgr.exe is vanishing from TaskManager window Reply with quote

Master

Hi All,

I have a peculiar problem....

I have broker V6 (MQSI 6.1.0.7) installed on my local machine with below mentioned MQ:
Name: WebSphere MQ
Version: 6.0.2.9
CMVC level: p600-209-100316
BuildType: IKAP - (Production)

I have created the broker, configuration manager and broker database. When I am starting the confguration manager in 'Services' - the processes 'bipservice.exe' and 'bipconfigmgr.exe' are shown in the windows task manager, however, in less than 30 seonds, the process 'bipconfigmgr.exe' is vanishing from the task manager window. As this is happening, I am not able to create the broker domain in my broker toolkit. I tried searching for this in the forum but could not get enough info. Please help me in fixing this issue as I have almost wasted half day to solve this problem with no luck...

Thanks
mqxplorer
harish_td
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

There must be a warning or a error in either of the Application or the System log of your event viewer.
1. Is the user id that is being used to start the Configmgr part of the mqbrkrs group?
2. Any dead letter queue messages in the CONFIGMGR QM?
mqmatt
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I'd check the system log first. Also make sure that Java and the MQ Java classes are installed correctly. Finally, check that the Config Manager's serviceid has admin authority, to both start a service and to connect to its queue manager..

(Of course, in that half day you could have got V7 up and running, multiple times )

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » bipconfigmgr.exe is vanishing from TaskManager window
Jump to: