ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to have both 2.0.2 and 2.1 control center?

How to have both 2.0.2 and 2.1 control center? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
autorun
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:34 pm    Post subject: How to have both 2.0.2 and 2.1 control center? Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi friends,

I was told that 2.0.2 and 2.1 control center can't be coexist in a machine. Is there any workaround out there to solve this? I don't want to have two desktops on my desk just for this reason.

Best regards,
autorun
philip.baker
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

autorun,

I don't recommend doing this, but you can run a Terminal Services Client connection to the second different version of MQSI/WMQI and run the Control Center of that machine allowing you to work with MQSI/WMQI. There are many issues associated with using Terminal Services relating to MQSeries and DB/2, but since the Control Center program connects as a Java Client to the Configuration Manager, you should be able work.

Regards,
Phil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
autorun
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Can we have some register switching stuff to switch between 2.0.2 and 2.1? Anyone using this?

Because we are being in transition from 2.0.2 to 2.1, we need both version on a same workstation.

Best regards,
autorun
Simon Ngo
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done this and have not encountered any problems. I have 2 versions of control center on my laptop (2.0.2 and 2.1) accessing both releases of configuration managers remotely. I would recommend you start with a clean install of 2.1 first, then install 2.0.2. If you already have 2.1 but previously had 2.0.2, you will run into problems installing 2.0.2, the solution there would be to uninstall the 2.1 and clean out the restritry entries before re-installing 2.1.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to have both 2.0.2 and 2.1 control center?
Jump to: