ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Data source not found, confused about 32 and 64 bit eg's

Data source not found, confused about 32 and 64 bit eg's « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Koit
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Data source not found, confused about 32 and 64 bit eg's Reply with quote

Novice

Environment is Solaris 10, WMB 6.102 and Oracle 10.

First I set up a test environment. Created an execution group selecting processor architecture "default". Set up the data source for the message flow in odbc.ini selecting 64-bit drivers and setting up tnsnames.ora. I also have an .odbc32.ini. The broker db is specified on both odbc.ini files.

Next on to the production environment. Same sw levels same procedure but it didn't work. I got the following error.

Database error: SQL State '
IM002'; Native Error Code '0'; Error Text '[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'.

To get it to work I set up the message flow data source in the odbc32.ini also.

This makes me confused since I thought by selecting processor architecture "default" I would get an 64bit eg. Am I wrong?

Maybe it's bad practice to not specify exactly what architure to use but still.
sridhsri
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

You are right - the default is 64 bit.

It depends on which variable is set ODBCINI or ODBCINI32 ? ODBCINI points to 64 bit DS.
Koit
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Does anyone have an idea why I had to set up an odbc32.ini in my case?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

There's a matrix in the Broker Info Center that tells you when you need to configure which odbc file.
Koit
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

According to the matrix I should only need a 64-bit odbc connection when I am running Solaris 10, Oracle 10, WMB 6.1, MQ 6 and create an eg with processor architecture "default".

My conclusion is that there is a factor that I don't understand that makes my default eg's 32-bit which I don't like since it's different in my test environment.
paranoid221
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hmmm .. probably because broker runtime is a 32-bit vm and is causing your EGs also to inherit the same..
Just thinking out loud here. Pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong
chids
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Koit wrote:
According to the matrix I should only need a 64-bit odbc connection when I am running Solaris 10, Oracle 10, WMB 6.1, MQ 6 and create an eg with processor architecture "default".

My conclusion is that there is a factor that I don't understand that makes my default eg's 32-bit which I don't like since it's different in my test environment.

So it this only a problem with the default EGs? I'd assume you're not interested in the default EGs anyway you should probably scrap those and then create the EGs you need to be 64-bit.

Could this be the cause of an earlier WMBv6.0 enivronment? WMBv6.0 was not 64-bit pure and thus would require a 32-bit configuration for the WMB-internal DB-connections whereas a 64-bit EG obviously would utilize the 64-bit config. Reading through our company internal knowledge base I came across a page I wrote on the topic in November 2008. Relevant parts are:

In v6.1 using 64-bit execution groups would mean everything would be 64-bit so no 32-bit ODBC datasources would be required.

If you were to go full 32-bit in v6.0 then when migrating to v6.1 you would either require a 32+64 mix to keep the 32-bit execution group operating, or you would have to move to 64-bit execution groups at this point.

On all platforms except HP-UX (Integrity platform), parts of the broker need 32-bit access to the data source. You must therefore always define a 32-bit ODBC data source name (DSN) for the broker to connect to the broker database; this is true even if the broker has a 64-bit database, in which case you must present the broker with an environment that provides a 32 bit-compatible interface to the database (see Setting your environment to access databases).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Data source not found, confused about 32 and 64 bit eg's
Jump to: