ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Roadmap for pure file-> MQ instead of file->file

Roadmap for pure file-> MQ instead of file->file « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
billybong
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Roadmap for pure file-> MQ instead of file->file Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi guys,

After reviewing the MQFTE and performing some initial laboration it seems to me that the product does not yet solve the File Application to MQ Application bridging problem, since it seems to be a replacement for pure FTP rather than an MQ bridge at the moment.
Does anyone know if IBM intentds to add this sort of capability, or will the FTE be more geared to moving files in your MQ network instead MQ-enabling file based applications?

Does i.e. the receiver and source always have to be another FTE agent or could you in the future (or possibly even now..) use an MQ application as a destination instead?

Props for the easy installation and use, it was very easy to set up a demo and get it running!
IBM Certified Solution Developer - WebSphere DataPower
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I have suggested the file to MQ and MQ to file options to IBM.

They tend to reply that those features are in WMB 6.1 - which is true but not a lot of help to those without that product or version.

Hopefully the MQFTE product will evolve over time and become a very useful offering.
RichCumbers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Roadmap for pure file-> MQ instead of file->file Reply with quote

Novice

billybong wrote:

After reviewing the MQFTE and performing some initial laboration it seems to me that the product does not yet solve the File Application to MQ Application bridging problem, since it seems to be a replacement for pure FTP rather than an MQ bridge at the moment.
Does anyone know if IBM intentds to add this sort of capability, or will the FTE be more geared to moving files in your MQ network instead MQ-enabling file based applications?

I cannot comment as yet on exactly what will be in the next version of wmqfte, but I will relay these comments back to the development team. However this is not a commitment to add this feature!

billybong wrote:
Does i.e. the receiver and source always have to be another FTE agent or could you in the future (or possibly even now..) use an MQ application as a destination instead?

Yes Sender/Receiver must be an FTE Agent. Again, comments will be relayed back to team.

billybong wrote:
Props for the easy installation and use, it was very easy to set up a demo and get it running!

Thank you for your kind words! I shall let the team know!

Rich

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Roadmap for pure file-> MQ instead of file->file
Jump to: